sv16772

Both Petrol --> Xcent S(O) vs Zest XMS --> which one to buy? need help

Hi all,

After months of waiting, i have decided on the two options.

1) Xcent Petrol S(O)

2) Zest Petrol XMS

Both the cars are coming for On road price of Rs. 6.5 lac. Zest comes with Airbags for this price whereas its service is the worst .

Iam actually in two minds whether to go for Zest and take risk on the unknown Revetron engine and poor After sale support or go with proven Hyundai and Xcent.

Can you please advise which one to select? My wife is insisting me to buy a car with Airbags. If i hv to go with Xcent, i have to shell out Rs. 7.5 lac atleast for the top model of the Xcent .

Please help?

thanks

Satheesh

Very tough decision to take.

At one end you have a reliable car having bets in class interior and brand image and on the other hand you have a car offered by most trusted company in India with lots of features and life saving safety feature but with less brand value and reliability in terms of A.S.S. and ownership experience.

I would suggest you to go for Zest since it is having Airbags at the same price of Xcent offered without Airbags.

Yes , Zest would be my choice too.

I believe Zest is coming with 3 year maintainence offer that should comfort you a bit.

Tatas are gradually learning , it cant afford to go wrong again and again.

I somehow want in my hearts of hearts that these two new product (Zest and Bolt ) changes Tata Motors fortunes.

Looks like Tata Motors played price card very rightly by offering essential features in it's segment.

One should study features very carefully while comparing different vehicles.

@sv16772 , Best of Luck for your new purchase. Have you also considered any other option ?

It is a tough choice but I think you should go with the Zest. After following the news closely before and after its launch I feel you should give them a chance.

Xcent as it is does not seem VFM compared to the Zest. But do test drive the car in several scenarios before finalizing either.

Tatas are also planning to have exclusive service support for Zest, as they are also aware of

the poor quality of ASS given by their dealers. They have realised that ASS is the deciding factor

when one can choose many cars in the similar price bracket. So, I am sure, they will try to rectify the

erratic and bad ASS, probably in one year's time. As Zest is a new generation car, I do not expect it

to give any trouble during the first two to three years of ownership. And, the ASS would be fine tuned

by then. So, it would be better to go in for Zest, if the product is desirable as of now, without worrying

about the ASS.

Moreover, I also know some ASSs of Tatas who are good to excellent. So, it is a localised and dealer-

dependent issue. So, before writing the cheque, verify the local dealer's track record and then decide.

One can also talk to Tata's Zonal Managers to know whether any new dealers/ASSs are being set up.

This would give a desired comfort level for deciding the purchase decision.

All the best. And, let us know the outcome.

I would suggest you to go for Zest considering safety features & price..

Also you can expect the ASS of TATA Motors to improve in future years...

Also you can read the experience of visit by AC forum member to TATA's plant... Which tells how the Zest was made..

'http://forum.autocarindia.com/index.php?/topic/10673-tata-zest-%E2%80%93-my-experience-at-the-pimpri-plant/

Xcent petrol engine is good, interiors are good but Zest is not bad. The only thing where the Xcent fails according to me here is the back seat, which is very narrow.

I would personally go for the Zest.

for a price 6.5lac, i think Zest seems to be the best option.

Apart from A.S.S, i am bit concerned about the Revetron Petrol Engine. Any suggestions on the same. will be helpful if seniors give their opinion on the Revetron Engine.

Thanks

I would personally wait for atleast 3-6 months before buying a TATA product because they improve their product depending upon the customer feedback. But the Zest is a competent product and if you were buying a diesel then I would blindly suggest you to go for the Zest but Hyundai Kappa engine is the segment best.

Dear sv16772,

I would agree with rssh, wait for sometime and see the owner's review. But if you are in no mood to wait then buy Hyundai Xcent. After sales service of TATA cars are unreliable