Sign in to follow this  
LeoRahi

ACI Review : Mahindra Scorpio 2014

Mahindra has made massive changes to its popular body-on-frame SUV, the Scorpio. But just how big a step forward is it?

okzgpy.jpg

The Mahindra Scorpio has been around for more than a decade. As a result, it’s an SUV that is familiar to most. Over the years, there have been several significant updates - new engines, updated interiors and improved dynamic ability amongst them. This new Scorpio, however, is more new than just an update. Mahindra & Mahindra’s second-generation Scorpio, the new W105, is a car that is seriously improved – a genuine leap forward over the current generation. So what exactly is new and what’s carried over?

Check it HERE

People speechless?? B)

I believe these cosmetic sheet metal and colorful (refer to the blue reverse lights) haven't gone down too well with the people.. Seems like the rear has too much of bling (chrome tail lamps and the blackened; pulled out rear door).

Positives:

1. New front - looks good to me.

2. instrument cluster

3. New dash

4. Lighter interior colors

Negatives:

1. Rear - what have they done? :o

2. Plastic quality - very inconsistent - cheap plastics can be found pretty much all around.

3. Rear AC vents moved to between the seats from the roof-top. This is going to impact the cooling capability

4. Audio system offered on a 14 lac car still very very basic... 6 inch two way speakers.. really?

The Scorpio is over ratted and none of the auto maker have guts to puncture M&M vault(Mono poly). In country like India having such market leader. All Indian made foreign SUV are way high in price so the Scorpio is the King.

I agree with Neeraj, apart from the B shaped tail lights there isn't much difference from the older one. Should've gone with quality interiors plastics. But still, that's a good change.

Edited by LeoRahi

People speechless?? B)

I believe these cosmetic sheet metal and colorful (refer to the blue reverse lights) haven't gone down too well with the people.. Seems like the rear has too much of bling (chrome tail lamps and the blackened; pulled out rear door).

Positives:

1. New front - looks good to me.

2. instrument cluster

3. New dash

4. Lighter interior colors

Negatives:

1. Rear - what have they done? :o

2. Plastic quality - very inconsistent - cheap plastics can be found pretty much all around.

3. Rear AC vents moved to between the seats from the roof-top. This is going to impact the cooling capability

4. Audio system offered on a 14 lac car still very very basic... 6 inch two way speakers.. really?

Neeraj, scorpio had the ac vents between the fronts seats before also. The plastic quality may have been imporved as the reports are saying. The Audio system always sucks in Mahindra's. Buyers must upgarde it.

My uncle has a Scorpio VLs mHawk variant and the rear AC vents are on the roof... Before the mHawk series came in, he had a SLx provided by his office. I haven't seen a rear AC vent on the SLX at all.

The VLs and VLx variants always have had the rear AC vents on the roof.

I agree with Neeraj here that moving AC vents from roof top to a console in between front seats is not a good idea.

So to provide cooling to 3rd row passengers, the blowers will need to work at full blast, in turn freezing knees of 2nd row occupants.

To me, roof top AC vents or dedicated 3rd row AC vents are an absolute must in a 7/8 seater car.

Fortunately, people can still install a roof top blower as an accessory (provided by Mahindra) or as an after market fitment.

Personally i didn't find much negative with New Scorpio.

Only waiting for its Test drive to find how the New chassis behaves in stability stakes at high speeds, else Scorpio was fine already & is still getting atop with timely updates.

In my humble opinion.. Its UGLY!!

What were the car designers thinking!!??

Let me take a guess..

They must've said.. Let's take the nose of a Dodge Charger and weld it on.. Why not carry on the Cheetah theme over from the XUV500 and give its grill claws on both sides of the logo even if it hasn't got any resemblance with the rest of the body... We'll play it safe by not touching the major body lines... And let just show the Tatas even we can put plastic cladding on the rear... Speaking of rear.. The red, orange and white tail light combo is too outdated.. Lets put some bling!! And blue!! Maruti guys called it the blue eyed boy.. We'll call it the blue a** boy!!

The proposal then went to the top bosses for approval.. And they said.. Yeah whatever.. This car has no real contender.. As a result people are gonna buy it no matter how ugly it looks.. We are happy as long as we make money.. APPROVED!

Wake up guys.. This design is hideous!!! Especially the rear.. Totally messed up!!

And yes people will still buy it.. Only and only because... Its cheaper than an Innova, has more space than a Mobilio and is a wee bit more refined than a Storme. That's it!

I don't know where the world (of car design) is heading...

First they take a decent looking Innova.. And then ruin it!!

Next they take a WagonR.. Put on a Stingray badge and sell washing machine for a car..

And now this.. Oh god save us!

Edited by Shashank_GTO