tejasmehta990

Datsun Go+ OR Wagon R MPV - Budget 7 Seaters

Datsun Go+ OR Wagon R MPV   

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which one you will prefer ?

In recent issue of Autorcar India Magazine I read review of Datsun Go+ and was surprised at the est.price mentioned which was Rs.4.39L . If this information becomes true new price war will get started and people will have cars with minimal features at lowest possible price.

It looks like DATSUN will introduce cars based on GO Platform (Hatchback , Sedan and MPV) with very competitive price and it is taking away TATA's USP of offering cars at killer prices.

In the Autocar review overall the Datsun Go+ Plus looked promising and is offered with most basic but required features that a budget buyer is looking for in MPV or we can say a new breed of long hatchback having facility to sit more people or having big luggage space.

Datsun-G+-Panca-Mobil-Termurah-Degan-Fasilitas-Utama.jpg

Maruti is also gearing up with their long wheel base WagonR MPV and it may also attract VFM / budget buyers who wants maximum out of their money spent.

Suzuki-Karimun-Wagon-R-7-seater-MPV.jpg

Datsun Go+ is having nice engine and Nissan's backing as against Maruti Wagon R brand is already very proven and popular among people who wants great mileage and hassle free ownership experience.

What will be your choice ?

Nice topic Tejas

While I cant comment on the Go+, I can surely say that I dont think the GO hatch hasnt taken off in terms of sales. I hardly seen a couple of them while the Wagon R has built up a trust since more than a decade and I feel this will hold true for these 7 seater MPVs as well.

I would go with the Wagon R MPV for sure. Outstanding service network, proven product and surely more space than the Datsun

Interesting !!

Go+ will compete Wagon R.

D Go failed to dent Alto's / 800 's market share so Its hard to assume that Go+ will do the different and dent Wagon R or R+.

Customer service and after sale service of Datsun will act the last nail in coffin.

The main factor Datsun is to GO+ would be to be minimal on equipments but provide a car with reliable engine and mechanicals so that people don't have to spend much on repairs and related costs. So overall there will be less maintenance costs which will ultimately build a brand image of DATSUN as reliable low cost car.

Maruti is already having EECO within estimated price range of Go+ but it's image as VAN and is not preferred by many people.

It will be interesting to see how other companies such as Tata , Maruti will put new products to have it's share in new segment of "Budget 7 Seater" in which DATSUN Go+ will be introduced.

It looks like even M&M Bolero will also feel heat if 7 seater cars like Go+ will be introduced under 5L price range.

Some more interesting image of GO+

52384fca94a656c9bc000036.jpg

The Datsun has very good potential. The Brand is still to make an impact in the market but I'd back the Datsun Go+. I personally never liked the Wagon R MPV, but overall it's a Maruti ! Great service, resale...

I go with GO+

From the looks of it both these cars seem to be just slightly extended versions of the hatchbacks. It is unlikely that the 3rd row would be very spacious. It would probably be uncomfortable like the seats in a Mahindra Quanto. It also seems to be very unsafe as the 3rd row passenger would be sitting right next to the rear door and would probably suffer in the case of a rear end accident