Sign in to follow this  
dinesh2509

Anti rust and Engine guard for Ford EcoSport Petrol

Hi Team,

Recently i purchased 1.5L petrol Ecosport Titanium in Mumbai. I asked dealer to do antirust coating and install engine guard (guard under engine). Prices quoted by dealer were approx 3k for antirust and 9k for engine guard. But my salesman suggested antirust is not reqd for new car and engine guard is recommended only for diesel. Just wanted to know is antirust treatment recommended for new car or after certain kms. And do you recommend to install an engine guard for petrol variant. Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks.

dinesh2509, hi there!! What kind of antirust coating is the dealer offering, silicon spray based or zinc oxide based? Normally under belly of all the new cars are silicon rubber coated.

What kind of engine guard are we discussing? In Honda Amaze the company has provided a plate under the engine/radiator area so that no water or mud spray would come on the belt drive and on the engine, but the same plate has holes so that no water collects on it. Just open the hood and see if there is already plate fitted. Also post some pictures of your ecosport with hood open showing the engine and the belt drive etc.