Neelftakon

Low milage of activa

Hello guys.I am Neelanjan staying in Navi Mumbai ,Maharashtra.

I have a 7 months old honda activa which has ran for almost 1350 kms.The problem which i have been facing is low milage in my Activa.I get maximum of 30 to 31 kmpl when it is driven efficiently at 40 kilometers and it drops down to 25 to 27 kmpl if driven in an inefficient manner.The scooter has been serviced twice and the engine oil has been changed but its in vain.The service centre people say that the engine will get set after 2000 kms after i will get above 40 kmpl.Is this normal and is anyone facing a similar issue and is there is a way out for this problem.

Thankyou waiting for your reply.

I own an Activa, although, i dont ride it unless necessary to bring grocceries but my mother and sister ride it. It's 20 months old and has done only 4000 kms. The engine will set up nearly around 1,500 kms but the fuel efficiency figures also depend upon the conditions your ride and the way you ride. Suden power will affect the fuel efficiency figures also get the scooter properly checked again at a different experienced service station (perferably Honda)

Mine give more than 40 in any conditions.

Thanks for your reply,i drive it for only 5 kilometers daily,that too in a very efficient manner with linear acceleration.but till now i have managed maximum milege of 32 kmpl.i get it serviced from the authorised service centre of honda.i will surely get it serviced in another authorised service centre.

Sorry for the late reply.No man it is maxing out at 34 kilometers per litre that too when driven efficiently 85% of the times.Till now my scooter has covered 2347 kilometers but there is no improvement at all.