Sign in to follow this  
nagarwal

2014 honda city vs cruze

Im planning to buy a new car and like the new honda city petrol auto. However i am being offered a december 2013 model of chevy cruze Ltz auto 1000kms run unregistered vehicle yet where i shall be the first owner through a link at a dealership at rs 13.25 Lakhs on road(b2b insurance and 5 years road tax included). The vehicle is fully new and registration will also be with a new number plate. Which one should i go for as honda city petrol auto shall cost approx 12.50 Lakhs on road. The current on road price of 2014 cruze ltz auto is 18.50 on road. Petrol/diesel doesnot affect my choice or car as running is not much.

Hello Nagarwal,

The new Honda city has been a let down so far from Honda. Also some members do complain about quality issues. OTOH The Chevy seems to have lost it's flair lately. Still If I were to choose from one I'd go with the Honda City for it is coming from one of India's bests. Service and resale value are also much better for the City.

I'd suggest you to have a check at the Ciaz, Verna and the Rapid before coming to any conclusions.

Let go the Chevy as its in a month time two year old model and technically depreciation counts which is equal to 40% (General Accounting Method). The Chevy resale value will be discounted with 2013 model. If the chevy offered below INR 10 lac on road price, may consider provided all in genuine documents, no accident history and miles on meter.

Everyone,You are underrating the Cruze.She is the successor of Optra so She is Awesome.Also the Cruze is a Segment better than City.City is a good car but Cruze is better every way because of the Next Segment.Ciaz is a better buy than City.Cruze is better than Ciaz