Sign in to follow this  
ameya_m

Swift oil change at first service?

Hi,

Bought a new Swift Vxi on Dhanteras and just went through first service on Saturday. MASS informed me that oil and filter change was not required at 1st service (have 800 km on my odo). I am really surprised as engines generate aluminium dust during the break in period (generally 1000km) and I know this stains the oil black. However they told me it is not required. Getting the sneaking feeling that the oil replacement is costed for only once in the service schedule AMC and since I have an AMC with them, they are reluctant to change it. Considering getting the engine & gear box oil replaced from them at my cost. What do you think & any idea how much this will cost?

Ameyam

I would strongly recommend you to read through the service manual first. If it is mentioned there then do replace it irrespective of MASS service adviser. Else just let it be.

As per the manual the oil replacement is in the third service along with filter renewal. Then the replacement of oil and the filter is every 10,000 thousand hours or one year which ever is earlier. But as Sstar advised we have to stick to the owner's manual.