Sign in to follow this  
acevoyager

AMAZEing Roadtrip-Bangalore to Rajasthan - 5500Kms - 14days

Hey vikky1971,

Mine is a diesel variant.

Luckily, we did not face any issues not even a tyre puncture during our entire journey. Car performed superbly on highways, good and bad roads equally well, never felt out of power.Brakes and Handling was precise as expected. Even during our last leg of 1200 kms - 21 hours, we never felt it ever broke a sweat, always ready to cruise on. It lived up to the trust we had before the start of our journey.

The air conditioning needs a special mention. In the hot Jaisalmer afternoon, we were pretty comfortable inside the car while it was hard to even stand for a minute outside the car, although, rear AC vent might have made things better for the back seat passengers.

Fuel efficiency was brilliant. We got an average of 22+ Kmpl with 99% AC usage throughout our journey.

People do say that the engine is a bit noisy but frankly, I love the roar of engine and in the back of the mind it always reminds me of the power surge that Amaze is capable of!!! :)

@acevoyager, I hope you are aware that unlike the hyundai or maruti cars the cabin filter is not available for Amaze as of now. This means the Amaze owners are running the air-conditioning without a filter and all the dirt & fibres are clogging the cooling coil of your car. To clean the cooling coils of the car this part has to be dismantled and then washed, which is tedious and costly affair. Its like running your home's split A/C with out a filter.

@acevoyager, I hope you are aware that unlike the hyundai or maruti cars the cabin filter is not available for Amaze as of now. This means the Amaze owners are running the air-conditioning without a filter and all the dirt & fibres are clogging the cooling coil of your car. To clean the cooling coils of the car this part has to be dismantled and then washed, which is tedious and costly affair. Its like running your home's split A/C with out a filter.

Hey vikky1971,

Thanks for bringing this up.

We were aware about this but we havent done anything about it for now but, since you mentioned this issue took a look at some threads going on related to this.

If I am correct you have also implemented some DIY for this issue in your Amaze, read that, nicely done.:)

Thanks,

I was about to post the rest of my journey here, when I was reminded of a small incident that happened near the Fateh Sagar Lake, Udaipur.

We had just reached the lake and had stepped out of our car for taking some photos. There was this middle aged man standing there with a Rajasthani turban on his head. His white uniform and a tourist vehicle parked nearby gave an idea that he was a chauffeur who was waiting for his passengers who had gone sight-seeing like us.

He smiled, and offered to take a photo of us. After the photo, he asked our whereabouts. He asked – “Kaha se padhare ho aap log??“, meaning where did we come from. We replied that we come from Bangalore. Then he looked at our Amaze and looked back at us and asked-“car se????” I noticed the disbelief in his eyes. :) I understood he never believed us.

He walked down to our car and checked the number plate and after satisfying himself with the “KA” initials in the number plate came back to us and replied – “ye mein kabhi nahi kar sakta!!!”.(meaning- I can never do it.)

Funny, but it was then I realized that we had come a long way from home in our Amaze!! :)

carrr.jpg?w=640&h=480

JAISALMER(3rd October’14):

Our day started at 6:30am. We headed towards the Jaisalmer Fort’s top to enjoy an early sunrise.

The view from the top of the fort was breathtaking and it was then I realised as to why Jaisalmer is called the “Golden City”. When the first rays of the morning sun fell on the sandstone city, the whole city appeared to be sparkling.

The mesmerizing sunrise:

screen-shot-2014-11-18-at-5-43-23-pm.png?w=640&h=475

screen-shot-2014-11-18-at-5-48-19-pm.png?w=640&h=477

After coming back from our morning hike, keeping in mind the soaring temperatures, we decided to take a plunge in the hotel’s swimming pool. The experience was beyond perfect. The cool, clean water provided the much-needed relaxation in the midst of the desert.

Finally, by 10:30am we were all packed and ready to proceed for our upcoming journey. Our next stop was the Tanot Mata Mandir after which we would be proceeding to the Sam Sand Dunes for our desert camping.

The journey to the Mata Mandir was a delightful desert safari in itself!! The sandy landscape was nothing like I had ever seen before.

Some clicks on the way:

screen-shot-2014-11-18-at-11-27-08-pm.png?w=640&h=475

screen-shot-2014-11-18-at-5-54-39-pm.png?w=640&h=478

As far as you could see, there was golden sand spread on the horizon. By 1:00pm, we reached the Mata Mandir. The moment we opened the door we could feel the temperatures outside. It was literally burning!! The Mata Mandir was flooded with devotees and the atmosphere there was quite auspicious.

The Mata Mandir and the Tanot Victory Pillar:

screen-shot-2014-11-17-at-4-35-10-pm.png?w=201&h=530

The Tanot Mata Mandir is not only a very pious place but during war when everything in the area was destroyed this was the only standing structure left!!!

By, 2:00pm we left the mandir and were on the way to the desert camp. The camp suggests that visitors drop in by 5:00pm keeping in view the heat and given the fact that the camp is in the middle of the desert, reaching there by the evening was a safer bet.

We had started our journey to the Sam sand dunes and we were extremely hungry. The worst thing was that there was hardly any hotel or restaurant in the way. It was just a huge stretch of sand as far as the eyes could take!!

After hopelessly looking for hotel on the way, we finally gave up on it and decided to wait for some more time and have food in Jaisalmer, as we would be touch basing the city then . That was our safest bet! We had an almost silent journey back to the Jaisalmer City. I had never been so happy to see food in a log time. We ordered for the thali and had quite a content lunch.

After the successful refueling, by, 4:00pm we headed off towards the Sam SandDunes. There were lots of desert camps that we encountered on the way. Our’s i.e the “Prince Desert Camp” was the farthest and was located comparatively on the inside.

We checked in by 4:30pm into the camp and proceeded towards our tent. The tent was pretty spacious from inside, had an attached washroom and a sitting area. Furnishing wise it was pretty basic with only the necessary facilities in place.

It was almost 5:00pm in the evening and the temperature was still soaring high. The camel rides had already started and we also proceeded for our ride.

The camel ride proved to be more thrilling than what I was expecting it to be.

Just a small tip here is that, it’s actually necessary to be quite careful while sitting on the camel as i have heard tales of people who ended up breaking their legs as a result of falling from the back of the camel since they were not properly perched there..!! :)

After a bumpy camel ride of 15 minutes we reached the sand dunes and we got the perfect treat for our eyes there. The dunes were gigantic and it felt as if we had landed in the sea of sand!!

The sand dunes!

dsc02665.jpg?w=640&h=480

dsc02663.jpg?w=640&h=480

dsc02671.jpg?w=640&h=480

By, 6:45pm, after witnessing the most beautiful sunset, we headed back to our camp. The camp was all set for the dinner. With the night setting in the temperature had started moderating and in another half and hour we were experiencing the comparatively cooler and extremely pleasant desert night!!

The desert folk songs merrily reverberating in our ears and the perfect crescent moon brightly shining above our head had set a perfect atmosphere for dinner. Frankly telling, the culturals and the dinner was purely average but the ambiance that nature had set up in the night was truly top-notch!!

I kept on staring at the beautiful clear night sky and still could not get enough of it..!

By 10:30pm, we were done with dinner and dance and we proceed to engage ourselves in a quiet siesta!!

Good to see updates here. Im back after my Rajasthan drive but we had to skip Udaipur due to an emergency at my friend's place. Will be penning my travelogue soon. Though I must say Ranthambore was paisa vasool. :)

Good to see updates here. Im back after my Rajasthan drive but we had to skip Udaipur due to an emergency at my friend's place. Will be penning my travelogue soon. Though I must say Ranthambore was paisa vasool. :)

Cool..Happy that you like Ranthambhore so much..I also liked it...:)

Were you lucky enough to get a glimpse of any of the bigger predators???I couldn't....:(

Thanks,

Cool..Happy that you like Ranthambhore so much..I also liked it... :)

Were you lucky enough to get a glimpse of any of the bigger predators???I couldn't.... :(

Thanks,

Yes I did. And I should consider myself really lucky. People have gone for 7 safaris in a row and still no sighting. I was fortunate in my first safari itself and that too a very rare site. We saw a tigress and she had just hunted down her kill. She was later joined by her two cubs.

Details will come up in my travelogue :)