Sign in to follow this  
kedarpanse

Advice buying cars in upcoming year

Hello All,

I am planning on buying two cars in the upcoming year, my total budget is 25L for my purchases of these cars. I live in Aurangabad with miserable road conditions.

I want buy one for my wife which would be mostly used by us within the city run abouts and other one which will be used by me, which I would use for my daily commute to the office but also our occasional family outings to places like Goa.

Currently my wife uses Santro and I use Verna. We both would love good interiors and like reliability in new cars. In my prior cars I had owned Mazda 626, Jetta, Subaru Legacy and Toyota 4Runner. I loved handling of Jetta and reliability of 4Runner.

I am thinking Swift + Octavia but not sure. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Elite i20 is the best option for city runabouts, go for it. And for the 2nd car Octavia is the best sedan in the 15L range. And since you'll also hit the highway occasionally, it's won't be a bad idea to go for a SUV. In that case, go for the top-end Scorpio. I'd go for the Octavia though

Grand i10 (AMT Variant ) for your wife and Octavia ( No reasons for rejecting a skoda).

But consider the cons of owing a Skoda as in after sales services and such, As such I have never experienced any issues myself but have heard a quiet a lot of frustrated owners.

Among Sedans it should be Octavia/Jetta.

Or if you are a fan of SUVs you can consider Terrano or the Scorpio !

I would say get an Elite i20 Automatic and a Terrano. The ride quality is outstanding on the Terrano and looks slightly better than the Duster. For the hatch the Polo GT could also be an alternative to the i20

You can go in for the Hyundai Elantra as its significantly cheaper than Octavia and an update is due soon and for the rest 10 lac you have got to spare wait for the Renault Lodgy as it has those 7 seats, is spacious and has the same suspension setup as the Terrano and Duster so it would be a comfortable cruiser and it would be more practical than a hatch. Renault unofficially claims a fuel efficiency of 19.5kmpl for the Lodgy so it would be somewhat economical than a hatch too.

I suggest you Punto Evo MJD 90 bhp for both, the best hatch back, for a middle segment customer . For Long drives, if you have to take luggage, you may consider Fiat Linea, for you will be realxed with much leg space while you drive and also for the rear passengers ( in both Punto and Linea.. and there is no comparisons in this segment). There is no competetors in this segment in a balance of FE; Space; Performance; and cost. And your left leg will not touch the dash board extensions,(within a lower budget). But 25 L is a super budget, I suggest to consider your safety requirements rather than interiors. So research on the Luxury ones.

plse post your view

Thank you all. It seems like i20 elite might be something I should definitely go check out. For FIAT punto I am not sure about its service/maintanence issues, it didn't seem to pickup as well. As I might be checking out Octavia, I would want my smaller car to be of less service headache.

Is new Jazz worth waiting? I liked prior Jazz for its internal size but interiors were bit disappointing and from reviews I read I dont see them improving it or adding steering controls, any other niceties in the upcoming model with reduced price (I hope they do)