Sstar

Need to buy a car in 10L

Hi guys,

I am looking to buy a car with a budget of 10L (with 10% +- margin). Please suggest.

Whats your Budget - Rs 10.00L (with 10% +- margin)

Kms driven monthly - 1000 KM

Bodyshell - Hatch/ Sedan/SUV/ MUV: Any

City/Highway split - 00:00

Max No.of Passangers - ______ most of the time : 2 but on weekend 4

Boot space Importance - ______ High/Low/Medium: Decent / Moderate

Usage by - __________________normal/Enthu/Lady/Old age: Normal/Enthu

Ownership - _________________City/ Outskirts: 80:20

Safety - _____________________High OR Medium

Prime requirement - Ride/ Handling/FE/Braking/Looks/AfSS/Resale/Passenger Comfort: I am looking for a good handler Good FE, excellent braking, looks to be decent with good AFSS and comfort

Softcorner'd Manufacturer - None

@Sstar, with your requirement, I think a petrol hatchback should suffice.

I am not really in favour of a sedan/compact SUV as you will be unnecessarily spending much more on them and lugging that weight around in city.

In hatchbacks, my current preferences are i20 Elite followed by VW Polo GT Tsi.

Only downside with Polo will be VW A.S.S

If you can wait then Honda Jazz and upcoming Maruti YRA both will be equally good contenders.

Polo GT TSI eyes closed. A great looking hatch, stonker of an engine, awesome DSG box and loaded to the gills with equipment and safety features. Fun to drive on highways and in the city. And in your budget too.

I would suggest that you wait for the upcoming Jazz in case you would be fine with a hatch. Both the petrol and diesel engines should fit within your budget. The quality, fit and finish would be second to none coupled with an extremely spacious interior, big boot & flexi-seating, and a decent after sales service network present in most of the Tier 1 and Tier 2 cities. It is a great looker too and both the petrol and diesel mills planned for the Jazz provide for a pleasurable driving experience.

In case you would like to go for a three box sedan, you can decide between the petrol City, Verna, and Ciaz. Take a test drive of all three cars back to back and you should be able to figure out which one tickle your senses the most. All these three cars are superb products offering terrific bang for buck and you wouldn't go wrong with any one of those. Hyundai's A.S.S. is the most expensive of the lot followed by Honda and then Maruti Suzuki.

Honda Jazz fits your requirement in all possible ways...Nice peppy petrol engine ...huge boot space.

And given that you have a budget of around 10 Lakhs, you can probably go for the high end model enjoying the benefit of all the goodies like Paddle shifters and many more !!!

Sedan can be considered only if you need huge boot space. But since you have stated that your importance for boot space is moderate you can go for Honda jazz without any fuss !!

Fiat Linea MJD dynamic, Skoda Rapid TD Ambition Plus. This is the right time to bargain. Linea has the best fetures, cabin space for driver as well as the passenger. AS&S depends on which city you reside. In polo, I felt the driver cabin space is not adequate, even for a 5.4 feets tall guy. Honda Amaze is also suggestable but its Ext and Int design is so boring, and lacks many features. Other than Maruti and Honda FE of petol cars are poor

Looking at your budget and requirement I would suggest you to buy Linea Tjet Emotion.

Why Linea TJet:

Powerful Turbo Petrol Engine.

All four disc brakes.

16” alloys with 2015 section tyres

Cruise Control, Auto Headlight, Auto Wipers

Massive Boot Space

Tank like build quality.

Best handling and ride comfort

Highest Ground Clearance.

Big Big Value for money quotient.

AFSS is improved a lot since last year after split with TAMO.

Fun to drive on highways and decent fuel efficiency.

I am hearing I should wait to see JAZZ...but frankly speaking I am not very much keen in hatch. We have two hatch alreay in the family one diesel and petrol/cng. This time my family and I we both are looking sedan or SUV.

Also, we also have a common consensus around the cabin space. My father is 6 FT, I am 5.8 FT mostly either I or my father drives and specially when my father drives, he pushes the seat quiet backward which makes space on the rear bench a crunch. So that is why we need space this time.

Appreciate your responses.

Considering you require petrol car/SUV, below are some choices.

In sedan - Honda City (Best overall package), Vento Tsi (Engine, build quality), Maruti Ciaz (VFM), New 2015 Hyundai Verna (to be launched on 16-Feb but space might be issue here)

In SUV - There are not many petrol options available but you can look at Duster/Terrano, Ford EcoSport (Ecoboost engine) and upcoming Hyundai ix25 compact SUV (launch expected in Q2/Q3).

I have short listed followings: -

Sedan:

• Scala/Sunny - which ever is more VFM
  • Ciaz ZDi
  • Rapid Tdi
  • Amaze SX iDtec (yeah it is CS but offers VFM and brand)

SUV

• Scorpio S4+ or S6
  • Duster RxL

Hatch:

• i20 Asta Crdi
  • Jazz
  • Punto 90 BHP

Does anyone know when are we going to see new JAZZ in showrooms of Honda? I am looking to check this out before final buying decision

Yes ,

As strange as it may seem , the Jazz that is being shipped to South Africa from India is not being launched here due to production constraints.

July 2015 is when they say it launches , you can see it pushed another month just to cash in on the start of the whole festive months thing.

Thanks Libran n Leo....I may/may not wait till then....btw..do you also know about ford Koncept? when this would be...just wanted to check it out as well if it is coming soon.

From your shprtlisted cars the ciaz zdi and the tje dustet Rxl makes the most sense . The ciaz scores over the city just bcs of features and not on driving and handling forte where the rapid is in a class of its own . You could also consider the ecosport ecoboost as it is a promising package and has a edge over duster Rxl. The ford kocept will take approximately a year or half to be launched and you could expect it in the festive season or in first half of 2016

@Sstar, out of these 3 I would have chosen Vento.

You should go for either Tsi or Tdi (both DSGs) based upon your running requirement.

Also, I think there is facelift planned for Vento but not sure when it will be launched. Do check that out.