Sign in to follow this  
varunjm

Need best tyres for my FIAT Punto 90hp

Hi Autocar

Currently my punto(diesel) is running on Goodyear GT tyres it's almost 43000 kms,now time has come to change those.Can you kindly suggest me the best tyres as per below mentioned requirement

My Usage : 60% in town and 40% longdrive(roguh road with patholes)

My town temp: most of the time it's hot(40 degrees) and very few months winter and rainfall

My Budget: 5000 or 5500 per/tyre

My main concerns are good road grip and no noise into cabin during longdrives.

Thanks & Regards,

Varun JM

Yoko's will serve you just right, they have a great grip & have a great foot print. You will be served equally well by Michelin's too, however road noise is something you need to check.

As per your requirement, I think a soft compound rubber tyres wont suit you and it will wear our sooner.

I would suggest you to for

Falken Sincera -------> Bridgestone MY02 -------> Bridgestone Potenza G3 ------> Yoko Earth 1 -------> Yoko S Drive

Michelin Primacy LC will cost you around 6500 /-, but they are worth the price. Extremely good handling and absolutely zero road noise. They will even make your hydraulic steering further effortless. At speeds of 130+, you will be pretty confident and the whole dynamics will be predictable. They also offer excellent grip in wet conditions. Only issue with these tires is the sidewalls, they are a bit thinner making it prone to damages. If you can live with it, then this is the best rubber around.

Next is Bridgestone Potenza GIII, it is a perfect combination of comfort, durability and performance. These tires can survive most of the Indian roads pretty well. Road grip and braking are equally nice. Though there will be a little rolling noise that will enter the cabin. These tires can give you >70k kms running life.