cars4life

Spied: Tata compact SUV (Nexon) without disguise

Tata Motors had showcased a compact SUV concept called the Nexon at the Auto Expo in 2014. Looks like work is on full swing to get the production version ready. Here is a first ever spy pic of the Tata compact SUV

post-7828-0-32172500-1422863152_thumb.jp

And here is what the Nexon looked like (pic from ACI)

post-7828-0-36800100-1422863160.jpgpost-7828-0-49001300-1422863161.jpg

Spy pic source

I dont think that is TATA mini SUV. Look at the grill it looks like Kia car as mentioned by UVian.

Check the source link provided in first post of this thread, Motorbash apologized for the confusion they created and fake news published.

http://motorbash.com/scoop-tata-nexon-uncamouflaged-pic-leaked-doesnt-look-like-evoque-at-all/

Never been a admirer of recent approaches TATA MOTORS made towards the design of their cars. All they have done is facelifted the already existing cars under some fancy design principles. I still get some vibe of Indica from the Tiago. But NEXON is something I m really looking forward to. I hope they won't mess with Q501 AND Q502.

The Nexon has been spied testing once again. This mule looks a bit older due to its non-production head and tail lamps.  I like the overall profile. Guess maybe Tata could add a spare wheel at the back, that may add to its chracter. What say guys? 

nexo2.jpg

nexo1.jpg

Tata’s compact SUV Nexon caught testing in Tamil Nadu

New Nexon is expected to launch in October

The New Nexon marks Tata’s entry into the sub-4 metre SUV segment and will go up against the likes of Maruti Vitara Brezza, Honda WR-V and Ford EcoSport in the Indian market. The Nexon is the third model after the Tiago and the Tigor created using the ‘IMPACT’ design language.

The Nexon won’t utilise the AMP or the Q platform, but will use a reworked version of the X1 platform which was used in the underpinnings of the Tata Zest. Engine options include an a new 1.5-litre four-cylinder diesel producing 110hp and 260Nm of torque and a new 1.2-litre Revotron turbocharged powerhouse under the hood. Transmission choices include a 5-speed manual, 6-speed AMT and 6-speed manual.

Source

Tata-Nexon-front-three-quarters-right-side-spy-shot-Tamil-Nadu.jpg

Tata-Nexon-front-three-quarters-spy-shot.jpg

Looks fantastic !! (raised form of Bolt, if I may say so)

This is fresh design (like Tiago) and doesn't resemble any old Tata products (which is good).

Case in point is Hexa, though a very competent product but people still see Aria in it.

If Tata can price it well (normally they do so) then I think they have a sure shot winner on their hands.