Sign in to follow this  
sarabjeet

9 month old Ertiga & its problem

So after cribing over poor built quality of the swift, a satisfied customer of Ritz , SX4 (lets not talk about it) and a happy Kizashi owner, my brother decided to buy an Ertiga VXI in june 2014.

The car has been used extensively in Bombay, to be precis from chembur to VT.

Since i am engaged in construction business it use to carry some loads, but all within 100 kilos.

It is driven 100 kilometers but not daily, it shares duties with Nissan Tirrano and Captiva.

Plus

light

easy to manuver

frugal

comfortable

negative

rattles rattles and rattles

front suspension part failure

power steering failure ( power steering warning light came on twice but a simple off and on rectified it)

beige is a pain to maintain

Problem is now i am unhappy with the car, have checked the power steering problem with maruti service centre but they are unable to trace the issue. Middle seat rattling is unbareble now. Why doesnt maruti actually work on this front amuses me sometimes, the problem is generic with their cars.

I also feel abit of noise coming from steering rack, not sure, but going through SX4 and Kizashi steering rack issue i fear for my Ertiga.

Anyone has faced Ertiga steering rack issue ?

I think there is problem with the Lower ball joint assembly. Any play in the ball and socket joint is common when plying in the bad roads and this generates a lot of noise in the cabin. This job has to be done in a dedicated maruti workshop and by some good competent technician. Chances of steering bush damage is a rare phenomenon.

linkage rod assembly has been changed before the third service and the work was done in a dedicated maruti service centre FYI.

Chances of steering bush problem in maruti is epidemic. SX4 and Kizashi owners have often complained about it.

Still get the noise, they have checked the suspension, seems to be fine. Lower ball joint also seems fine.

The cabin noise is squeaks and rattles, this particular noise is a faint thud coming on bad road from the front of the car.

Even I had the similar problem with my 2004 wagonR but the culprit was the left side lower ball joint assmy but in the process I changed the steering bush but there was no play in between the bush and the rack.