Sign in to follow this  
viswa7007

Tyre noise

I'm Viswadeep from Coimbatore & I own a BMW 520d 2013 model. My car has run 10000kms and i hear tyre noise very badly at 90kmph speed and it increases consequently as d speed goes up. My car is just 1.5 years old and d mileage is also vry less (10000kms). When I asked in service centre, they told that adjusting the alighnment , rear-axle & tyre rotation reduces the noise, but it has got worse after doing that. Tyres looks good from all sides and they themselves were not able to identify the problem. When i consulted my friend who owns another BMW, he advised that thr puncture sealant in the run flat tyres, if they are poured uneven, it could make noise, so he asked me to remove the fluid inside. Will it be helpful? Any suggestions?

I don't think removing the liquid would make any noticeable difference to the tyre noise getting filtered inside the cabin. Yes, getting the tyres aligned would definitely help the cause but that doesn't seem to be the culprit here.

It might have more to do with the combination of one or more of the following - the tyre tread pattern, their rubber compound and also the road surface that you typically drive on. Would suggest that you go for a better compound and tread pattern once the OEMs are up for replacement.