anirudh

Wanted diesel car budget 10 lakhs

for personal use,want a rear 3 seater.grnd clearance min 170 mm .abs yes .airbags? but need a safe structural security guarantee.please suggest

Try out the Honda City, the Mahindra Scorpio & Xylo, the Tata Safari/ Storme and if you are not bashful of the unorthodox, the Fiat Aventura and the Hyundai i20 Active.

I would personally pick the City in case I decided to go in for a sedan and Scorpio in case I decided for a SUV.

Go for Jazz Diesel !!!

You might want to wait a bit long...But I believe the quality of the car will be unlike any of its rivals..

Given a hatchback would be more than comfortable for 3 people !!

And about structural safety , it bagged the safest car as per recent NCAP test ratings among hatchbacks.. Google it you can see...I am not sure about the score it achieved !!

The Jazz would come with the same ground clearance as the City. I would suggest that you look at the Xylo H8 Airbag version as well. It is a very solidly built car, albeit the cabin plastics and design is not the best in class but not overtly disappointing either.

It would tick all the boxes in your list and more; has a great ground clearance, very supportive and comfortable seats even in the third row, a smooth and powerful engine, and ABS and Airbags to take care of the safety aspect. Moreover, it is very drivable both in city and on highways.

And the best part is that the 3 pasengers won't have to sit on a single bench and rub shoulders; they can enjoy the comfort of captain seats in the second row (the 7 seater option) while the third passenger can sit in the third row in somewhat equal comfort. The third row seating and the seating comfort overall in the Xylo is somewhat better than that in an Innova and this is coming from someone who has owned an Innova in the past.

Add to all this the benefit of triple row airconditioning and you would certainly not complain. Its a complete VFM offering, something definitely worth your attention.

Tough finding a car with your requirements,

You need to wait a while and

if Space is your Prime Concern, wait for Jazz D and

if GC being the prime, wait for Suzuki YBA.

I test drive i20 Active recently and found there is no bite in hard braking, so would not suggest that.

hi mono city e comes with a165 mm ground clearance which is just not fit for an average indian road,170 mm is anyday comfortable, with anything less u just scrape anywhere

I am ok with the ground clearance as we can't customise the car, and Honda is none to second. I used to drive Baleno, However, you can do some re-enginering will give you 2-3 mm extra edge... That is what some of my friend told me.

Ok why do you require exactly 170 mm GC. Once you know your car then this GC depends on your driving. Our gutters are not so even. If you need a better car within 10 L and diesel, I would opt you Fiat Linea and Skoda Rapid. Better value for money, comfort, riding and handling Fuel efficiency, etc. You may get even airbags too. Honda Amaze is also a good option if you can like or adjust with the exteriors as well as features.

Best of luck

Ok why do you require exactly 170 mm GC. Once you know your car then this GC depends on your driving. Our gutters are not so even. If you need a better car within 10 L and diesel, I would opt you Fiat Linea and Skoda Rapid. Better value for money, comfort, riding and handling Fuel efficiency, etc. You may get even airbags too. Honda Amaze is also a good option if you can like or adjust with the exteriors as well as features.

Best of luck

hi hari i say 170 mm because thats my fiat palio ground clearnce which doent scrape bottom

OK , Then Option is with Linea. If you were a pre owner of palio, I assure you that only few cars will entertain you while taking a test drive. 170 mm for sedan is also a little low, but one has to cope with. Why not new punto ?.

Fiat has some AS&S issues I agree. But the service cost is much closer to Maruti .I suggest you to take test drive of Figo Aspire, Skoda Rapid, Linea, and Ciaz . Skoda parts are too costly and parts may not be easily available and dealer will surely exploit. But car is very good. City will not come in this budget. For time sake, forget about ground clearance

Good luck

Harri i am currently replacing the clutch master and slave cylinder of my 2002 palio 1.2 petrol at sagar(MP) where i am currently posted and its been a pain to find a mistri for the same.have foud somebody who is at it now.had to get parts online.worried abt whether the fiat delaership at dehradun where i hail from will last or not bcoz there was a gap of almost 10 years before the original delaer shut shop and this present chap started.these ae some of my worries for which fiat has no answer.so cant risk a fiat now.

There are ample of choices in modern era. Try Maruti Baleno, Honda Jazz, Ford Figo. My first choice irrespective ground clearance Ford Figo.

Why don't you try to negotiate Fiat to give you new Punto in Royalty Bonus..

There are ample options under this price range, varyingly suited to your choice & preferences, like based on segment, a hatchback, sedan, compact sedan, MPV or even compact SUVs. So do shortlist the segment first as per your need or the priorities what you want from your car.

@anirudh

Please think twice if not twenty times before you leap for your final decision.

Do more market research as the decision of buying car always difficulty one. Try new cars check Maruti Baleno, Figo aspire, Hond Jazz( make noise) etc..

All the best.