Hey Guys,

Finally, a road trip to Goa is on the horizon. Since this is my first road trip to Goa I needed some suggestions in terms of safe petrol pumps and routes. Here is the itinerary:-

Start 29th or 30th April early morning and reach Goa before sunset. Return 3rd May.

Pax- 8

Cars - 2

Need suggestions for the following:-

1. Safe fuel pumps (preferably COCO)

2. Route from Mumbai (Western suburbs)

3. Veg restaurants in South Goa.

4. Self drive car (We only have one car ready, one of my friends' car met with an accident and is in the bodyshop)

Any other useful suggestions would be appreciated.

Hey there

Hopefully this can help you out

• While there are many routes to Goa, here's the quickest way. Take the Mumbai-Pune Expressway out of Mumbai. Past Pune stick to NH4 going towards Bangalore. Stick to NH4, past Satara and Kolhapur. After about 400km you have to get off NH4 and take a right at Nipani and go past Amboli Ghat. Continue till Sawantwadi and then turn left for Goa. Total distance to Goa is about 550km and should take you about 12 hours.
  • There are enough petrol pumps on the route, so fuel should not be a problem. We do not have specific information about COCO pumps.
  • Use Zomato app on your phone to find restaurants. While seafood is popular in Goa, vegetarian options are available.
  • You can hire a car from Myles, a self-drive service by Carzonrent. Link: http://www.autocarin...ipl-393186.aspx

Have a great trip and looking forward to a travelogue from you when you return

Finally a response. Thanks.

Hi Prancing horse,

Is the route you mentioned good (surface wise)?

Also, a couple of friends are comprehending doing this trip on their bullets? Any recommended place for a nights halt?