Hi Everyone! I have been driving the Corolla Altis for sometime and am not satisfied with the audio quality of its stock stereo setup.

It was alright initially but now when I sit in my better-half's Swift, I feel her after-market stereo which I only got installed throws out the sound quality which seems miles ahead of what I experience in the Altis. :huh: I have observed that the stock stereo sounds crisp and clear at low volumes but gets rattly at even medium or high volume. Another thing is that it seriously lacks rich low frequency bass.

I intend to keep the car for one more year at most and hence I am not wanting to fiddle/ replace the stock setup. Since I do not like listening to loud music, I am looking to add a sub-woofer to at least make it sound reasonable.

I have been looking online for some solution in this regard and came across a product by Blaupunkt (see link: http://www.blaupunkt...ts/single/4247/ ). This one is an active under-seat sub-woofer and from what I could gather, would require minimal modifications to the stock setup or wiring. I have read a couple of reviews online, the sound quality is also reasonably good. The best part is that it saves all the boot space that a typical sub-woofer setup usually occupies without compromising much on the sound quality.

Need some advice on whether this product is worth spending and does it deliver what it promises. Also if anyone is aware of a similar but better product, please let know.

Thanks and Cheers!!!