Sign in to follow this  
bhavneet

Swift Vdi --> 7th Service -->50000 Kms

Hey Guys!

This darling car of mine reached a milestone of 50k Kms. And here I was at MASS to get it overhauled. One major issue that I was facing was that for the past 2-3k KMS the pickup had been affected. The car felt somewhat "heavy" while driving as if some airflow mechanism was blocked off . So after a while of searching through the forums, EGR valve and intake manifold cleanup came to my mind. And then it struck that I had skipped this routine process which was due in last service. Gave the car to AAA vehicleads, Okhla, following tasks were carried out during this service:

1. Engine Oil - 800 /-
  2. Oil Filter - 350/-
  3. Air Filter - 230/-
  4. Paid service - 1405/-
  5. EGR Valve Cleanup - 1450/-
  6. Inter cooler cleaning - 1050/-
  7. Intake Air temperature sensor - 1250/-

So incl taxes the total damage to the wallet was approx 7900/-. Early impressions after the overhauling, car feels lighter with an improvement in pickup. Will comment on the performance after raking in some more miles. Till then Adios Amigos! :D

Hi ! bhavneet did you happen to see what the people at MASS did to the EGR, if the EGR gets dirty then the turbo blades too would also get dirty !!

I don't understand if your car's intake filter was there why its intercooler was cleaned, the outside fins of the intercooler is cleaned during the car washing !!.

Hi ! bhavneet did you happen to see what the people at MASS did to the EGR, if the EGR gets dirty then the turbo blades too would also get dirty !!

I don't understand if your car's intake filter was there why its intercooler was cleaned, the outside fins of the intercooler is cleaned during the car washing !!.

Hi vikky, i didn't get a witness the complete cleaning process but i understood the whole process from the mechanic who was assigned to my car. I pointed out SA the drop in pickup before handing the car over to him. He checked my service history and pointed out that I had missed the EGR service which had to be done on 30K service. So he advised that I should go ahead with the complete overhaul of EGR and the intake manifold otherwise I would be damaging the turbocharger.

Anything fishy that you sense here pls do let me know. M new to the diesel - turbo technology and still learning. Awaiting your response.

If you understand the T/C(turbocharger), On single shaft it has a compressor and on other end has a turbine. T/C rotates when exhaust gases from the car engine comes out and impinges on turbine blades The rotating T/C makes the compressor to suck fresh air via air filter and after compression, the air becomes hot(reduced kg/cu.m) less dense, so this hot air needs to be cooled(intercooler), more mass per cubic of air. This air is absolutely clean when enters the engine. So there is no chance of intercooler getting dirty. whereas the exhaust gases while coming out the engine carries lot of hot carbon which gets deposited on the exhaust recirculation valve surface and the turbine blades and its volute casing. So, if the MASS insists on cleaning of EGR then they should have undertaken the cleaning of turbine blades and its volute casing.