deepak_v21

Is it prudent to wait for Hyundai Creta

Hi,

I want to buy a compact SUV. My budget is 10L - 12L. I've shortlisted Renault duster. I test drive duster & like the handling, Comfort & FE. However duster is short on features. I like the Hyundai creta first drive reviews but handling & comfort is not yet fully tested.

I know that Hyundai will officially launch Creta on 21st July, but delivery / waiting time is not yet known. I do not want to wait beyond sep-15. Please advice.

For me its the NEXT BIG THING.

When it is launched it will suck up all possible bookings in the segment.

Other manufacturers would have to play the discounts game to keep up with Cretas demand and will only profit by the demand supply mismatch in the initial phase.

Also , the Duster is begging for a facelift and the company is pushing for the same, so i feel , its upto you to either wait for a facelift , which would also mean that you will have to let go of the discount on the Duster now.

Also , the 5 seater setup in these cars is always a catch.

you could always go for a proper SUV in you budget.

The new Scorpio fits in it well.

My biggest pull is the talk about a Diesel Auto Creta, hope they arent fooling us here.

A segment first , 5 Seater Diesel Automatic.

Just like i20 Elite and i20 Active Hyundai Creta will have long waiting period so if you are time bound you will have to consider other options which are available.

I don't think Hyundai will settle Creta within 10-12 L. May be Creta's pricing will be in between 13 to 15L. The way Creta is promoted it looks like Creta will eat away Audi Q3 customers also.

Other than Duster you have following best possible options :

- Nissan Terrano

- Scorpio

- New XUV 5oo / You may also get previous version of XUV5oo with good discount if you negotiate with dealer.

- New Tata Safari Strome

- Ford Ecosprt - I would not recommend to go for Ford as from outside it looks big but inside there is space for only 4 passengers. Also Information screen and switches in Ecosport looks dated as compared to the others.

Best of luck for your new purchase. ..................

I agree with librankur, Creta seems to be the next big thing in compact SUVs.

It will offer segment best fit/finish, features, power train etc.

However, it's pricing it still unclear though I guess it will target Duster or may be bit more (XUV).

Creta bookings have "unofficially" begun with booking amount ranging from 25 to 40k, depending upon region.

I suggest you check out with your local dealer on it and if you pre-book now then you might get it in first lot.

Do also check for booking cancellation clause, in case you intend to do it later.

If no hurry, always better to wait for the new so called SUV. Newness factor may have rush to buy the SUV, also dealer may become snob like Honda guys. Eventually with time you may have red carpet welcome at dealer end. Also you will have post marketing feed back from owners.

Just like i20 Elite and i20 Active Hyundai Creta will have long waiting period so if you are time bound you will have to consider other options which are available.

I don't think Hyundai will settle Creta within 10-12 L. May be Creta's pricing will be in between 13 to 15L. The way Creta is promoted it looks like Creta will eat away Audi Q3 customers also.

Other than Duster you have following best possible options :

- Nissan Terrano

- Scorpio

- New XUV 5oo / You may also get previous version of XUV5oo with good discount if you negotiate with dealer.

- New Tata Safari Strome

- Ford Ecosprt - I would not recommend to go for Ford as from outside it looks big but inside there is space for only 4 passengers. Also Information screen and switches in Ecosport looks dated as compared to the others.

Best of luck for your new purchase. ..................

i don't think so Creta would be eating in to Q3 sales at all. Q3 is a compact luxury suv and on the other hand Creta is just an entry level small suv.

At 15L , it would lose its mass appeal ,at least its top variant would.

being a 5 seater , it way to much to ask for.

it just the case of how successful Hyundai want it to be ,that would determine its pricing.

Even good products with overboard pricing fail.

If a product overlaps product on it higher side , people are just tempted to move shores and test deeper waters.

Introductory pricing will surely be juicy.

Well below leaked prices (of some selective variants) are doing rounds on internet for Creta.

These are ex-Kolkata prices and there can be difference of +- 10k to these.

Looks quite good IMHO, if true.

1.6 SX(O) Diesel = 11.46 lakhs

1.6 SX+ AT Diesel = 11.41 lakhs

1.6 SX Diesel = 9.74 lakhs

1.6 SX+ Petrol = 9.45 lakhs

1.6 S Petrol = 8.08 lakhs.