The prototype images of Hexa look really promising. And no doubt, Aria was a competitive package.

The main thing that Tata misses ALL THE TIME is the quality of the bits and pieces they use inside. Consistency of design and price tag worthiness is something they decide to miss on every time.

Look at the Zest - promising vehicle.. celebrating a one year mark already.. how well did it fare?

I know owners who still complain about the tiny bits of this car and big things like plastic quality inside the cabin and practicality.

The design theme on the Zest, Bolt on the inside is very good indeed. The problem with Tatas start when you are into the ownership. Power-windows acting funny. Some tail lamp conking off for no known reason. Water accumulating into the tail lamps and mist on the headlamps. Rubber beading coming off. Wiper relay not working etc.. these things don't just dilute.. but actually nullify the ownership experience.

Unless Tata come up with a solid quality control procedure and actually look into such things to ensure the ownership experience is not just better than their current levels, but comparable to its competition, there is not going to be a good response from the private ownership for this brand. These vehicles will continue to be sold commercially and scrapped after 3-4 yrs of use.

Hope this does fairly well.

Tata-Hexa-SUV-concept-live-image-1024x683.jpg?3a87fd

Tata-Hexa-SUV-concept-live-image-rear-three-quarter-1024x683.jpg?3a87fd

Tata-Hexa-SUV-concept-interior-1024x684.jpg?3a87fd

Image Courtesy: http://www.indiancarsbikes.in

I agree Neeraj.

Having owned Safari for last 7.5 yrs, I can say that their customer service is their weakest link, followed by inconsistent quality.

The same is with Mahindra but they seem to have improved both in customer service and also on product quality.

Morever, Tata have been really slow in getting new product to market. And even when they got new product like Zest/Bolt, they still resembled somehow old product like Indica (the egg shaped shell design).

With such instances, it's pretty apparent from Tata's domestic sales that people still are not willing to put their money on them and sees their effort as half-hearted.

Building a brand equity is the toughest job for Tata.

Totally agree with librankur. Atleast since last 1 year we are hearing about expected launch but Tata is not launching Hexa.

The brand HEXA itself is not very strong  .If Tata lanched Hexa along with new Innova than Hexa could get it's share of free publicity. 

New Innova is already burning the sales chart and people have blind faith in brand Innova.

Though Hexa may be having lot many features than Innova Crysta but main factor that may attract people to Hexa would be Price.    

What i heard on several other forums is that Tata is still fine tuning Hexa based on media and other drives that are happening countrywide.

Official launch on Jan 2017.

But again this leaves me in a doubt if they are still making changes to product then what will be the outcome ?

Main problem with Tata has been half baked products with poor service as follow up.

They just can't fight out Innova/Xuv based on pricing alone.

Aria was a dud product from Tata due to high price, Brand image and strong competition from Innova. 

Hexa should boast about it's feature as we hear that Hexa has got some features similar or taken from Range Rover.

It is also to be seen how Hexa is positioned.   

While Innova Crysta is purely urban MUV having more focus on comfort features Hexa seems to have features that makes it capable to go offroad.

Tata need to educate the prospective customers about exclusive features of Hexa that Innova Crysta is lacking to attract them towards Hexa. 

Also I hope that TATA will differ from introducing HEXA base version without the alloy wheels and side cladding.

Hexa with current set of alloys and side cladding looks best and Tata should retain them same even in the "Base" version.   

Let TATA's launch anything if the quality of parts used in their models, accountability of the dealership and after sales services isn't good then they will again loose and go into losses.

Spotted the XTA variant in Delhi , was a demo car of a Delhi Dealer.

Will always remind you of the Aria from the outside, no matter how much chrome you put in its styling and badging.

Was admiring it for a while when i spotted a black Tuscon and started chasing it instead.

In a flash the Hexa started to look OLD

(My first On Road spotting of both cars)

10 hours ago, librankur said:

Will always remind you of the Aria from the outside, no matter how much chrome you put in its styling and badging.

Exactly my thought, no matter how much Tata has given it a makeover, it still very much reminds you of the Aria.

Though I appreciate efforts of Tata and how much they have improved over years, but I still feel they should have gone all out and given a all new design (like Mahindra did with XUV). Tiago is a very good example as to how a all new good design makes things different.

We already have examples like Mobilio/BR-V, where mere makeover was not enough (specially for market duds).

Edited by sachins

XTA- 6 seat was offered for test drive at TATA Hexa dealer

Recently I hv driven manual & Auto Innova crista also.

Hexa is really nice,smooth,good Gr clearance....Just hoping [14.5--16.5 XTA].. good prizing by TATA.

Fuel economy is point of consideration as 2.2 XTA HEXA should be more cost effective over 2.8 Zx Crista.

@V V N can Hexa and Innova be compared? As per the autocar hexa is a crossover and Innova is a van. The features in Hexa are definitely more even compared to any SUV. Toyota is known for its reliability.

No doubt that TATA's Hexa would be a game changer but reliability is a long term commitment where as to pull a aeroplane is just to create a sensational news.