librankur

National Green Tribunal (orders and impact) - a discussion

@librankurThere was a great and realistic article in autocar magazine by its sub editor  Mr Shapur Kotwal stating that 70% of the electricity, in India, is generated by burning coal. So EV vehicles aren’t ecofriendly. Though you aren’t polluting cities but surely pollution will increase in the outskirts. Now m! is there a plan to recycle Li-ion batteries which would require replacement every three years. Charging stations every 50kms. Just going with the EU would be stupidity. Hybrid vehicles is the immediate answer.

Yesterday in Homedepot(Martinez), California, where I was buying a cordless impact wrench and cordless hammer drill, happen to meet a Tesla sale executive and he was briefing me on Tesla model S. He told me that the battery pack for the car costs 6000${4 lakhs} but comes with a conditional warranty of 25years.

Actually it’s fair deal. 

First Tesla has to launch their cars in India, don’t know when will that happen !  Tesla or VW won’t be able to sell so many cars as people will have their own doubts with regard to charging stations etc as EVs aren’t hybrids. Quality car maker’s batteries would be reliable. Over and above cost of the car would be crucial for their success. 

With a 55 Lakh price for base model and then imports duties pushing price to over 1 Cr , not many will even fend in these waters

Tesla has currently no plans on entering India though Indian buyers are preordering Model 3 since April 16

We should be happy with this offer

It's time to DRIVE ELECTRIC! 5 Year Anniversary Offer! Get benefits of up to Rs. 95,000* on purchase of the all-electric Mahindra e2oPlus. Call 18002664046 or give a missed call to 022-62538159 to experience the 100% electric e2oPlus. *T&C Apply

I agree! The ultimate goal is to have zero emission that could only be possible if the outcome is water. There is no point removing sulphur from fuel to an extent where cost to achieve benefit is more than the benefit itself. Moreover little sulphur is required to aid the formation of sulphuric acid so that engine sleeve can corrode to retain the lubricating oil.