Video Link:

The video covers an in depth review of the Endeavour on Engine Performance, Handling, Ride Quality etc.

post-8809-0-29583100-1455270166_thumb.jp

Terrain Management System Explained in Theory;

post-8809-0-18753400-1455270171_thumb.pn

Time for some practicals;

post-8809-0-36738300-1455270175_thumb.pn

post-8809-0-77130700-1455270178_thumb.pn

post-8809-0-20166100-1455270181_thumb.pn

Hope you guys like it, Enjoy :D

Again excellent review Karan !!

New Endevour is now far ahead in everything when compared to current Fortuner.

However, with new Fortuner arriving soon, things might again change.

I was myself looking for a 7 seater SUV or may be even a MUV as I just require an AT with decent performance and kit.

I think I might just settle down with new Innova now as new Fortuner is still sometime away.

Wonder why Toyota has delayed it's launch to 2017 since it's already launched in Thailand and AFAIK current generation kits (2.5 and 3.0 engines) won't last that much time (replaced with new 2.4 and 2.8 engines).

Again excellent review Karan !!

New Endevour is now far ahead in everything when compared to current Fortuner.

However, with new Fortuner arriving soon, things might again change.

I was myself looking for a 7 seater SUV or may be even a MUV as I just require an AT with decent performance and kit.

I think I might just settle down with new Innova now as new Fortuner is still sometime away.

Wonder why Toyota has delayed it's launch to 2017 since it's already launched in Thailand and AFAIK current generation kits (2.5 and 3.0 engines) won't last that much time (replaced with new 2.4 and 2.8 engines).

Thanks Sachin, i appreciate your positive comments.

If you are looking for a 7 seat SUV then you can go in for the 4x2 2.2 A/T Endy has you don't have any off road to do i believe (as you are ready to buy an MUV too)

I would also suggest you to look at Chevy Trailblazer then as its a proper full size 7 seater.

If nothing makes sense go & buy the Innova A/T, you won't regret :P

Edited by F30

Thanks Karan for your inputs.

Chevy is out of my list as I just doesn't have confidence in that brand. Specially looking at the way they approach Indian market.

So it will be between New Endeavour and New Innova.

Just checked out new Endeavour today. Below are my observations.

The model on display was Trend 2.2 4x2 AT (White).

- Looks imposing from front, rear lacks appeal though

- Build quality was excellent (inside out). Doors closed with a solid thud.

- Interior quality was very good, with some parts wrapped in leather. Though would have liked all black interiors.

- Space in middle row was Ok type. Just enough for 3 medium size adults. Under thigh support was average.

- Last row seat was pathetic. The ingress/egress was a royal pain. Once there, under thigh support was poor, so was leg space.

Best left to kids.

Other random points:

- Ford dealer was not allowing insurance to be done from outside. I could easily save huge amount on it.

- Though registration is banned in Delhi-NCR, they are giving temporary registration from here and will do permanent registration from other state (like I have an address proof of Uttarakhand)

Went to a Toyota dealer as well, no Innova/Fortuner on display as they are not on sale due to ban.

As per dealer, new Innova will be launched in May (may be a bit before if the diesel ban is lifted after March).

Expected prices to be 1.5-2 lacs more than current model. Old model to be discontinued.

They are taking 1 lac booking amount (unofficially though) through cheque which will enable a person to get new model allotted as soon as it's launched. Though they will not encash that cheque until prices are revealed and the customer is ready to go ahead with the purchase.

So everything apart, the lack of space in Endeavour (for 7 people) looks like a deal breaker for me.

Also, with new Innova coming with new 2.8L GD engine, it's going to match Endeavour in performance as well.

However, it all depends now how new Innova is priced.

So everything apart, the lack of space in Endeavour (for 7 people) looks like a deal breaker for me.

Also, with new Innova coming with new 2.8L GD engine, it's going to match Endeavour in performance as well.

However, it all depends now how new Innova is priced.

Hey Sachin,

I would suggest wait for the new Innova and make the decision accordingly. But don't expect it to be sanely priced, specially the 2.8 A/T.

Great piece of automotive analysis and reporting.

keep up the good work.

Thanks librankur, appreciate your positive comments.

Hey Sachin,

I would suggest wait for the new Innova and make the decision accordingly. But don't expect it to be sanely priced, specially the 2.8 A/T.

Yes, I am definitely waiting for the new Innova and will then take a decision.

However, not sure if Toyota plans to provide AT option only on the 2.8 version or also on 2.4.

If I consider current prices of Innova then 2.8 AT should easily cost around 20-21 lacs ex-showroom (16 lacs current + 2 lac premium for new one + 1 lac for 2.8 engine + 1 lac for AT).

Though, I should not compare these two, however, even at these prices, Innova will be significantly cheaper than Endeavour 2.2 4x2 AT Titanium (which is costing 26.14 lac ex-showroom).

@sachins

Do you really believe that Innova is a true 7 seater ?

In the current model, even kids find it difficult to sit for long in the third row.

Do you have any info on the size of the new Innova ? If the new model is

almost similar in size, then, there is no way in which you can take 7 persons

in that. Adults - anyway ruled out - ab initio.

You need to look beyond Innova, if you are serious about 7 adults in a car.

@rameshbabu

Currently I don't find any other 7 seater vehicle on this side of 30 lacs which can match/beat Innova as a practical family vehicle.

I have used Innova extensively as a rented car and atleast for my family, it serves the purpose.

Other so called 7 seaters are nowhere close to Innova in terms of comfort and ride quality it offers.

Not to mention, reliability, decent performance, after sales are reason enough for me to discount others (just talking about MPVs).

Also, new Innova should have more space than current one (going by the reviews/inputs which are already out).

Anyway, let the new Innova launch and I will then take a good look at it and then decide.

New Innova Crysta has been launched starting from Rs 13.84 to 20.78 lakhs (ex-Mumbai).

But sadly due to ban in NCR i will need to wait (atleast till 9-May).

If ban still continues then i will think about getting it registered from Uttarakhand (will have to pay lesser road tax too).

I am bit confused over variant selection.

I wanted an 8 seater AT option but as I see only 1 variant Gx AT meets this requirement.

But again it loses out on many features.

So I might need to choose a manual 2.4 Vx (8 seater).

So what do you guys suggest, which option to take ?

On another note, a Toyota dealership called me today to ask if I was interested in Petrol Innova.

I was really surprised as Toyota has not launched Innova in Petrol yet.

To which the dealership person said that it's launching very very soon (no fix commitment though) and they can arrange a test drive immediately on launch.

I presume Toyota must have kept Petrol variant on standy-by in case court decides to extend the ban further in NCR.

Edited by sachins