Sign in to follow this  
tejasmehta990

Mahindra Nuvosport - M&M's SUV Obsession continues

We have yet another mini SUV from M&M and it's Nuvosport or we can say highly modified and not so successful Quanto.

unnamed-1-1024x683.jpg

NuvoSport.jpg

This shows M&M is truly obsessed with SUVs and the top management must be thinking of only SUV and nothing else while planning to launch or planning to add new vehicle in their product range.

Price Starts from : Rs.7.35 L (Approx)

Basic Tech specs

Engine : 1493cc mHAWK Diesel Engine with 2 Stage Turbo Charger.

Max Gross Power : 74.6 kW (100 bhp) @ 3750 rpm

Max Gross Torque : 240 Nm @ 1600 ~ 2800 rpm

Gear Box : Manual and AMT

Fuel Tank Capacity : 60 Ltr

Gross Vehicle Weight (Kg) : 2220

Wheelbase : 2760mm

Overall Length : 3985mm

Overall Width : 1850mm

Overall Height : 1870mm

Seating Capacity : 7 Seater (5+2)

Boot space : 412 ltr (expandable upto 850 ltr)

Though many people may not like the exterior but I feel Nuvosport is a nice looking practical Mini -SUV with 7 seater option from M&M which is not getting it's due importance just like TUV or KUV.

It looks more balanced from the size of the tiers to the selection of alloys to the overall stance the Nuvosport doesn't look quirky or overdone just like TUV or KUV.

Nuvosport is based on the new Scorpio's Chassis and from the video of "Renuka Kriplani" we can say that the ride quality is far more better than Quonto. Though the ride may be bumpy on the rough roads or it may roll bit more than any other mini-suv while cornering , Novosport is a good highway cruiser and capable to face rough road with confidence.

[url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajccHteVp7w"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajccHteVp7w[/url]

The features , interior space, engine etc... are also acceptable to certain extent and Nuvosport looks more contemporary than the TUV 3OO .

160404180118421967454270188967454-1.jpg

Mahindra-NuvoSport-Cabin-Space.jpg

Spec-Comparo-Mahindra-Nuvosport-vs-Mahindra-TUV-300-vs-Ford-EcoSport-vs-Maruti-Suzuki-Vitara-Brezza.jpg

It may be tough for Nuvosport to compete with Ecosport , Breeza or Duster or equivalent mini-suvs but still M&M has offered a reliable mini-suv.

Nuvosport is competitively priced "7 Seater" Mini-SUV and should be promoted aggressively.

Good point there Tejas.

We all know that Mahindra has been well know for making SUVs and rugged ones at that for sure. I for sure do like the way the Nuvosport looks. Makes you wonder why they made the Quanto in the first place. It feels decently built and has good features. The AMT box is sad though. 

The TUV would have looked better as a non sub 4 metre SUV and I personally find the KUV downright weird to look at. They market as an SUV but its no where close. Its a confused hatch in my opinion.

I feel the Nuvosport has potential do do better. They need good marketing a little better fit and finish. I dont see why it cant go up against the Brezza and the Ecosport.

The problem is the TUV and Nuvosport could cannibalise each other as well and I think thats happening. I see more TUVs on road then the Nuvo.

M&M seems to be lazy in promoting Nuvosport and also M&M failed to position Nuvosport against right competitors.

Nuvosport can compete with Duster , Breeza , Ecosport etc... but it failed to garner interest just because the prospective customers are not well informed about the product.

While M&M can rope in celebs like Varun Dhavan to promote KUV and Bahubali actor for TUV  but M&M can't find any celeb for promoting Nuvosport. 

It seems M&M are not interested in Nuvosport due to some unknow reason to us. 

Hi,

Our elder son bought an Orange Nuvo Sport, N-8 variant with AMT, on 14/12/2016.  

He could not agree to any other vehicle after getting used to our Xylo-E-8 for over 7 years.

He started comparing every other car with Xylo and decided to buy the younger brother of Xylo.

He certainly would have bought a Xylo, if AMT is made available in Xylo. 

IMG-20161215-WA0041.jpg