sanjithchandran

Car Tyre for Maruti Baleno

I booked Maruti Baleno Delta  in first week of May 2016 and it seems i will get it in 1st or 2nd week of August 2016.I have taken the test drive of Alpha variant which is coming with 195/55 R16 tyres.The suspension is not working enough in low speeds especially on rough roads.We are able to feel each every shocks inside the cabin in lower speeds. Since Delta variant coming with 185/65 R15 tyres i am thinking to put 195/60 R15  or 195/65 R15. Would like to know the opinion of other Baleno owners who has done the up sizing for improving the ride quality of Baleno by changing the stock tyres.The mileage of the car will go down if we go 205/60 or 205/55 and even it may effect the life of Shock absorber.

Please share your feed back /Expert advice.

Why to upsize it !

185/65 isn't a slim tyre size for Baleno. 

Generally lower variants of some Maruti Suzuki cars like Swift, Dhire, Vitara Brezza comes with better ride quality, reason being smaller sized rim & high profile tyres as compared to its top end version tyres. Similar thing I can expect for Baleno too, as I haven't driven its base Sigma & 2nd Delta variants. Swift & Dzire lower variants though suffers from very low road grip as they are having too slim 165 profile tyres as compared to its body dimensions. 

I suggest you to wait to upsize & drive your car few days or weeks till you go for upsizing the tyres. 

Btw, 195/60 R15 Yokohama tyres option to upgrade from 185/65 R15 tyres or Michelin tyres are the good options.

As advised by Dr_nishu i did not upsize tyres and still driving with Stock 185/65 MRF tyres. One must careful about the Tyre pressure while filling the Air. The Attendants at Petrol Pumps have tendency to fill Mixed Air/Nitrogen @ 33 PSI .For Baleno the recommended Pressure is 29 PSI. Couple of times i noticed that i have done un intentional wheel spins at Traffic signals and later on realized that it is due to Excessive Pressure. At Present tyres has done 25K and will change the tyres once it demand the replacement/50k.