cars4life

Fully loaded hatch or base variant sedan? What's your pick?

The car market has grown leaps and bounds over the past decade. Though the Indian mindset still considers the sedan to be the 'badi gaadi' modern hatches give sedans a run for their money with the number of features they come with. So my question is this. Given say a budget of 10 lakh rupees to buy a car. What would you pick? A premium hatch with all the bells and whistles including safety features or the base model of a sedan with important features missing?

Lets discuss

foru1.jpg

foru2.jpg

@cars4life, interesting topic !!

This question is not just hatchback vs Sedan, infact it's like one should choose fully loaded variant from a particular segment or a base model of car one segment above.

For me, I will always go for fully loaded variant rather than choosing bare bone base model from a segment above.

However, it also depends on priorities. For me apart from looks, safety matters more than features.

So if I am getting base variant from one segment up with all basic safety features then I will still consider it.

Just as an example, my brother was looking for a car within 15 lacs budget. He narrowed down to Verna, Creta and new Elantra, petrol manual variants only.

Though Verna and Creta top end model was within his budget will all features but there was was nothing extra in terms of safety which he was missing if he chose Elantra base model (2 airbags, ABS, EBD, all round disc brakes etc). So he went for Elantra base model.

Of course fully loaded variant though it is sedan or hatchback. The reason behind go with fully loaded variant is it's gives you feeling or you can say experience of another leval as compare to base variant.

The fully loaded comes with all the technology of that car and when you go with a base variant you can't get that although it's sedan over hatchback but somewhere in your heart you feel something is less in your car as compared to fully loaded hatchback. 

Sedan looks more upper class than a hatchback.I would have chosen to a base model sedan bec it offers more boot space and looks premium.i considered swift dzire vxi than swift zxi because dzire looks premium and its bigger than swift!

Ofcourse the fully loaded car should be the first choice, irrespective of the segment. Because a fully loaded version comes with the features that add to safety and comfort.And nowadays even the government has made some of the safety features mandatory for cars even on the base variant. 

And a base variant of the car is like the cake without icing...

The selection depends on what more is offered in TOP-END versions of hatch as compared to the base varient of a sedan. Some time for some unnecessary feature of Top end varient car makers charges premium which is not worth for the price you are paying. 

It also depends on the purpose of the buying vehicle. Some time you are specifically looking for a sedan than even if top end version of hatchback is loaded with features selection will be on base varient of sedan.   

If buyer is image conscious than base varient sedan would be the first choice than a top end hatch back. 

It depends on personal choice and overall feel at the time of test drive of both hatch and sedan.

Some features in topend versions of hatch such as infotainment , upholstery , safety features, interior trim, colour selection, accesssories , sunroof, etc... are so nice that the base variant sedan looks like skeleton.