Sign in to follow this  
Manish Verma

Which type of bike sports / cruiser / street would suite me?

Hi,

I am Manish from Bangalore. I am 6 feet tall with average build.
As of now I own Pulsar 180 and am thinking of an upgrade in entry level premium segment, with a budget of 5 - 6 Lakh.
I suffer from upper back pain for few years  (taking exercise for the same as well). I have realized that if I am riding for more than a hour or so in city traffic then the trouble starts.
My typical usage with upgraded bike would be, 1 to 2 days of office commute and long highway ride on weekends.
With above details, please suggest which "category" of bike would be most suitable - Cruiser / Street / Sports?

Regards,
Manish Verma

What you need is  a Bike with  Long Travel suspension and  Bigger wheels  Relaxed Gearing  with a Windscreen ,Kawasaki also has couple of bikes but  Need to check How Soft the suspension is ! Try Himalayan if you are Lone Rider   , or. Try if you can get Used Triumph Tiger 800Xc with Improved budget .

I wouldn't recommend a Sport for you as you are already experiencing back pain.

Cruiser: Harley Davidson Street 750 - A very decent entry lever cruiser from HD and has enough power. But you'd have to worry about the service costs of the bike.

Tourer: Ninja 650 or ER6N - Both of these siblings have upright posture, which is very comfortable.

Triumph Speed Triple - Test rode it when I was in Mumbai, and I was blown away with it's exhaust note. Pretty powerful bike. And triumph customizes the bike according to your comfort.

And as Reddy suggested, you can test ride the Himalayan and see if you are comfortable with it. A total VFM bike and I'm sure you won't be disappointed with it.

Be very careful before you choose the right bike, opinions may vary with people. Mainly it depends on where your comfort zone lies.

Cheers. Ride Safe.

Anand.