PrancingHorse

SUV Battle: New Toyota Fortuner vs new Ford Endeavour. Whats your pick?

The Toyota Fortuner and the Ford Endeavour have been top dog in the SUV space for a long time. And now new generations of both these mammoth SUVs have hit Indian roads. The Fortuner is priced slightly higher than the Endy but has a reputation of being bullet proof. The Endy on the other hand has a choice of a 3.2 litre engine as well apart from the 2.2 litre motor. Both come in manual and auto.

If you were in the market for an SUV and were to choose between these two, which one would it be?

gal1.jpg

endyvid.jpg

Endy any day.. More butch more muscle. Top end endy AT far better priced then TFort AT top end. Ford have done a helluva job in keeping that truck DNA along with the styling and powering it. TFort on the other end trying to merge the poor thing into a low end Lexie.. 

The Ford Endeavour inspite of being a much capable offroader, having a little more features than the Fortuner and being a bit cheaper than the Fortuner, it cannot win over the fortuner because of Toyota's reliability which lacks somewhere in Ford also the fortuner comes with 6 airbags whereas the Endy has only 2 which makes the Fortuner much safer Toyota's service and resale value is even much better than Ford.. So if i had to choose between thes two, i would go for the Fortuner..

My pick would definitely be the Toyota . Though the Fortuner is slightly pricier than it's American Rival the Fortuner can easily outlive the Endeavour with easier and lighter maintenance bills . If people were thinking that Reliability and maintenance was only Toyota's advantage they were extremely wrong cause the Fortuner actually drives a little better Than the Ford though the Fortuner seems to be less powerful on paper it's got a much better power delivery and also the space and comfort of the Fortuner second and third row are comparatively better than the Endeavour . The Fortuner can also easily travel in all terrains that the Endeavour can and its got almost all similar bells and whistles except for the sunroof which most people don't really use in India and a power folding third row which isn't so important considering Ford has cut down on the telescopic steering wheel which is something much more mandatory for such an expensive car . I conclude by saying that for the couple of extra lacs that I pay for the Fortuner I get a more comfortable car which will last my entire lifetime without burning holes in my pocket .

Ford Endeavour beats Fortuner big time. In terms of technology, driving, pricing proposition it beats fortuner. Also with the much improved service facilities & fair service costs of Ford, purchasing Endeavour is definitely a more rational decision. 

But obviously it's FORD ENDEVOUR with new looks and features, and cheaper than its competitor Toyota fortuner which comes with no features and a high price tag.This time FORD ENDEVOUR wins the Battle.

We owe this big confusion among the consumers to these evenly matched up newer generations of cars. Both the cars are very good vehicles, offer top-notch features, build quality, ride and handling as well as good power outputs. But here's the problem, they have to go head to head.

IMO, the Endy leads in terms of Features (A humongous sunroof, electric 3rd-row seats, Noise Cancellation technology & Apple Carplay as well as a Land Rover-esque Terrain response offroading system) and a better feeling dash and overall plusher interiors than the Toyota. Also, a point to note, the Endy  is slightly more powerful than the Toyota too.

On the other hand, the Fortuner strengthens the case for itself by offering better (Almost tank like) build quality, Sleeker profile, Luxurious and futuristic (more Lexus than Toyota) looks and the brand value (with the attached almost unbelievable resale value) as well as the trust factor of Toyota (Some say that a Fortuner can even outlive its owners :P ) at the cost of a few more lakhs of Rupees spec to spec as compared to the Endeavour.

So, it's all down to personal preferences of the buyer.... If they want butch looks, awesome features and a bit more grunt from the engine as well as luxurious interiors, Endy is the way to go but if they want a well-known product with as robust a build quality as you can get and better and futuristic looks, the Fortuner is gonna be a perfect companion for them.

On 11/24/2016 at 11:03 PM, Arunoday Alok said:

The Ford Endeavour inspite of being a much capable offroader, having a little more features than the Fortuner and being a bit cheaper than the Fortuner, it cannot win over the fortuner because of Toyota's reliability which lacks somewhere in Ford also the fortuner comes with 6 airbags whereas the Endy has only 2 which makes the Fortuner much safer Toyota's service and resale value is even much better than Ford.. So if i had to choose between thes two, i would go for the Fortuner..

Endy comes with 7 airbags. Also comes with anti roll stability that helps the high speed turning in to corners. There are more such techs that I guess you re. It aware of. 

I will vote for Fortuner for the peace of mind it gives in the long term ownership. Endeavour is a great effort from Ford considering the other american in the race. Features and Engine options make ford a great value for money proportion. But, in the long run , Fortuner will bring a wide smile on my face.

Personally as a product I'm not that impressed with the new fortuner , the ford looks far contemporary & well designed inside out,

but if I'm spending this huge amount on any of these brands i would pick toyota , for better ownership & resale .

Also I wish Mistubishi to launch the new montero sport which is way far superior to fortuner !

Why choose fortuner 

1.  Safty 7 airbags, LED headlamp 
2. More power 177 bhp ,420-450 torque, better ride quality 
3. Brand & market  value ,new luxurious (city) look
4. low maintenance,warranty 3year, very good milage, telescopic steering adjustment ,GPS navigation,engine onoff button, comfortable sitting ( all 3 rows), paddle shift(4x4AT)

Why choose Endevour 2.2trend MT4x4
1. value for money (cheaper price24lakh*)
2. Good power 160PS, 385 torque and pickup (MT4x4) good milage 
3. Electric power steering, good (body)steel quality, macular off road look, rear differential lock,new terrain managment,ative noise cancellation, 10 bass speakers.

Why choose endevour 3.2 titanium 

*.  Low milage according to comparison 
*.  high power 200PS,470 torque, 5 cylinder engine, very good pickup 
*. sunroof,auto parking, LED headlights, terrain management,7 airbags,sync 3 with android & CarPlay,front parking sensors, premium interior,GPS, 800 mm water wading.tyre pressures monitor,