Chinar274

Right decision

Hi everyone, i need your advice in buying a car.  I already have a corolla and an i10. Corolla is doing fine and its time for i10 to go. I would probably spend a amount of around 1 lac plus for  my audio setup. Earlier i was thinking of buying the swift as it had a number of accessories available but since a new model would be coming and I don't feel like buying it. So i thought of the new mahindra thar. The thing is , it is best to buy the cdre model of thar which is around 10lac+ on road. And plus i have to send around another 1 lac for the accessories like the hardtop bumpers lights etc. The total would be costing more than 12-13 lacs which i a big amount. Please tell me...m i doing it right or should I consider another car and if yes please suggest?

In my opinion, Thar is the choice for selected individuals. If you want one just grab one. Surely if you look at value proposition, you won't find it at that price point. Same money can fetch you other options as well like Safari storme, Scorpio which also offer 4x4. 

For the same money one may also buy feature rich Brezza or mid variant of Duster/Creta which are all not 4x4. 

So off roading is your pick, grab Thar/Storme/Scorpio. If you are a true Thar fan, look no further. 

Also, I wonder how you jumped to Thar from Swift? In hatchback segment as well, there are pretty good options as well like new Ignis having loads of customzation options at NEXA itself, Baleno (and Baleno RS coming soon).