shankar V

Small Car with best safety features

Hi,

I own Hyundai Santro Zipplus for last 15 years and am thinking to buy a small car which has the same inner tall boy design like Hyundai Santro with the best safety features available in a small car . I do mainly city driving of 12-14 kms per day and very occassional highway travel but i am a bit paranoid on the safety aspect after losing a close relative to a car accident recently .Any suggestions of a small car for 6 feet person with best possible crash test results and airbags/ABS etc ?

Thanks

Shankar

MS Baleno or the upcoming Swift will be a good option. Baleno has the Suzuki TECT structure and that means the car has a stable bodyshell. The new Dzire also has the S TECT technology and that should make it into the new Swift because of upcoming government regulations. Baleno comes with ABS and Airbags as standard. Unfortunately, they are not tall boys. The next option is Honda Jazz and every Honda sold in India has the ACE BODY STRUCTURE which will make its bodyshell stable. 

Safety is the priority, look no further that MS. Baleno/Ignis/New Dzire/Upcoming new Swift - All have ABS, dual airbag, ISOFIX seats standard and meet upcoming pedestrian safety norms! All these cars have Suzuki TECT structure.

Want 6 airbag then Ford Figo is the option (top-end only).

On the list Ignis is the only tall boy here which is comfortable for a 6 feet person. Being the owner of one, I can surely say that since it's a fun to drive peppy car which is stable on highways as well. The car attracts everyone on the road and parking lot! LED lights are a segment first feature and body cladding proves advantageous in tight city traffic. High ground clearence of 180mm is pretty effective than any other tall boy! 

Baleno is another superb car.

Said that, all MS cars mentioned here have exactly same engine, feature list, variant break-up of 4 variants. Ignis and baleno are NEXA premium offerings having a price gap of 80k-1L variant to variant (of course Ignis being cheaper). All cars offer exact same feature list as well! 

Dzire will launched on May 16 and new Swift would make way by Auto Expo 2018 only. 

View Autocar review here - 

Maruti Suzuki Wagon R, one of the best car as per mileage, maintenance and safety features. Maruti Suzuki Wagon R is the most successful product in small hatchback section. Wagon R comes with the ABS, rear wiper, seat belt indicator, and Dual Airbags. The K10B series engine delivers 19.3 km/l with petrol mode and 26.6 km/kg with CNG mode. Wagon R is also available with Auto Gear Shift(AGS). Maruti Wagon R price range starts with 4.14 Lakhs (Ex-Showroom Price in Delhi).

WagonR.png

The Hyundai Santro was a very successful hatchback in the Indian market, which was first launched in the year 1998 and ruled the sales charts for 16 years. It must be noted that Hyundai sold close to 1.4 million Santro cars between 1998 and 2014.

I would like to suggest you ford Figo Titanium Plus with 6 airbags. It is not a tall boy design anyways.

If you are looking for taller cars, better look into some compact SUV like Ford Ecosport.