rssh

Ford guns Fabia!!!

The fugral ford diesel and noisy Skoda engines are nose to nose .Ford claims clearly from its advertizment that Fusion diesel is better buy

The price is reduced by 22k + free insurance and mp3 players and dealers tell that Fusion diesel has caught the sales right .So will this be the hammer to small Fabia smiley36.gif.

Why would they have to offer free stuff if their product's better I wonder....

Cheap sales tactics for an inferior product maybe??

If you want to call this a cheap Sales tactic, this state is not too far for the Fabia smiley36.gif

You know.. I'd rather buy a REVA than a FORD.. after all you guys know what the full form of FORD is don't you..

Fix Or Repair Daily..or my personal fav.. Found On Road Dead..

Happy Skoda hating fella's..

That's pure green eyed jealousy from Ford's side. I think everyone should be jealous of Skoda's track record, in India. The new Superb would be a suitable 'cheaper'  alternative to the Beemers and Merc's. VW beware of the new Superb. Surely the new Superb is dressed to kill: fantastic styling. Sure the engine options and comfort are sure to give the 3 series and C class a run for the money. The hardcore Skoda fans are having an effect on me, too!!!

That's pure green eyed jealousy from Ford's side. I think everyone should be jealous of Skoda's track record' date=' in India. The new Superb would be a suitable 'cheaper'  alternative to the Beemers and Merc's. VW beware of the new Superb. Surely the new Superb is dressed to kill: fantastic styling. Sure the engine options and comfort are sure to give the 3 series and C class a run for the money. The hardcore Skoda fans are having an effect on me, too!!![/quote']

lets also look at what others feel, just google for "Fabia Feedback" and the first link is http://www.carwale.com/Research/ReadUserReviews-carm-47-sort-1.html..... check it out you "HARDCORE" Skoda fans! Skoda Nice try but better luck next time!
harryccc2008-03-15 17:02:12

Both the Fabia and the Fusion are in a snob class of their very own. We are very proud to have such snobbish cars at < 10 L. Both live in Utopian territories. The dealers of one brand are from a special tribe. The other one too does'nt have very kind dealers. Highly overpriced spares are a joke for both. A particular spare for one may cost Rs 45 K while for the other one it may be "reasonably" priced at Rs 42 K and vice versa. The same spare for the Swift VDi may cost Rs 7 K.

ahhh. how delightful. another Skoda lovers vs. the rest of the world battle. let's look at the facts, shall we? the Skoda sold here costs around 9 lacs fully loaded, which is about 2 lacs more than it does in European markets (apprx.) the Fusion is about 9.6 lacs fully loaded in Europe, but sells here for about 6.5 to 7.5 - admittedly, without airbags and a more upmarket transmission.

Skoda's bumping prices upward. Ford downward. if Ford launches their excellent 1.6 diesel in this body, they could pretty much clean the market out. if priced right of course.

ahhh. how delightful. another Skoda lovers vs. the rest of the world battle. let's look at the facts' date=' shall we? the Skoda sold here costs around 9 lacs fully loaded, which is about 2 lacs more than it does in European markets (apprx.) the Fusion is about 9.6 lacs fully loaded in Europe, but sells here for about 6.5 to 7.5 - admittedly, without airbags and a more upmarket transmission.

Skoda's bumping prices upward. Ford downward. if Ford launches their excellent 1.6 diesel in this body, they could pretty much clean the market out. if priced right of course.
[/quote']

Ford's been run by bean counter's nowadays. Why would they put a 1.6 Tdci in their hatch when they only have a 1.4 Tdci in their Fiesta sedan. They don't even have the determination of Hyundai who went ahead and put their 110 bhp diesel engine in their Getz hatch. It's not doing good numbers; but, hey, atleast we have a real 'hot diesel' hatch.

first of all i hope, none of the Skoda lovers here are directly or indirectly supporting Skoda's business and making along with them... a product which is overpriced doesnt deserve to be treated so well, i dont want to get into so called " Skoda lovers Vs Rest of the World " the topic really sounds good but Skoda doesnt deserve this much hype and attention.... i would have been happier to read " Toyota/Honda/BMW/Merc/Fiat etc etc Vs rest of the world " To me a company which sells overpriced products is GREEDY and it will get its lesson very soon, and Fabia is the Chapter1 for Skoda India learning! harryccc2008-03-16 10:20:40

But still skodas are really selling welll....I think they are thinking that till now people are buying our overpriced products so why not continue selling them..When people will stop buying they will reduce thier price thats it...

But still skodas are really selling welll....I think they are thinking that till now people are buying our overpriced products so why not continue selling them..When people will stop buying they will reduce thier price thats it...

if my fellow country men are being cheated, i try all my level to educate them... come on man, i thought ppl in Gujarat are shrewd when it comes to money matters, but am surprised to hear from you that Skodas sell more in Surat... anyways if thats true please try to educate them buddy as you seem to have all better stuff in your garage!

I would go for the fusion. Space, ergonomics, higher ground clerance, frugal and responsive (negligible turbo lag) engine, flexible interiors, and it's really a delight to drive with good handling and body balance. We've had couple of Fords in our family and those are really nice machines with hardly any maintenance required. Spares are priced higher but i hardly had to change any of them. One of our Ikons have run for 150000 km and there is hardly any rattle yet!!!!

Theres a new model to the fusion called fusion plus and had ABS with 20k less in price its well worth it.

Yeah it's a nice package but there is still no airbags smiley5.gif and no music system either.... that would really make it comparable with the Fabia....

We really don't have a choice do we? One manufacturer offers a noisy, triple cylinder diesel and the other isn't too concerned about safety (read no airbags). The petrol fusion is a delight to drive and I won't comment on the fabia as I haven't driven one as yet.

Skoda is trying to sell peanuts for gold. And they're trying to sell peanuts in a chocolate wrapper. And the way they market peanuts is by convincing you that they've selected the best, handpicked peanuts from the exclusive cultivar fields in Prague. There are people who love peanuts with chocolate wrappers and I personally don't.

We really don't have a choice do we? One manufacturer offers a noisy' date=' triple cylinder diesel and the other isn't too concerned about safety (read no airbags). The petrol fusion is a delight to drive and I won't comment on the fabia as I haven't driven one as yet.
Skoda is trying to sell peanuts for gold. And they're trying to sell peanuts in a chocolate wrapper. And the way they market peanuts is by convincing you that they've selected the best, handpicked peanuts from the exclusive cultivar fields in Prague. There are people who love peanuts with chocolate wrappers and I personally don't.
[/quote']

Well said Fred...Oh..sorry thermal paste...

I love peanuts in chocolate wrappers they are called M&M peanuts. I wonder whether people running down car brands have actually owned or experienced them for any length of time at least as far as Skoda is concerned I am sure they have not

Roomy..

There are M&M's, Snicker's, Hershey's, Mars.. the list goes on and on..

I personally love peanuts in chocolates too...

Oh yea.. and Skoda's as well.

We really don't have a choice do we? One manufacturer offers a noisy' date=' triple cylinder diesel and the other isn't too concerned about safety (read no airbags). The petrol fusion is a delight to drive and I won't comment on the fabia as I haven't driven one as yet.
[/quote']

I loved the way you put it!!! 

I was talking about peanuts wrapped in chocolate wrappers and not chocolates with peanuts in them. I love M&Ms too, but I wouldn't touch an M&M wrapper with a barge pole if it were filled with only peanuts. 

I love peanuts in chocolate wrappers they are called M&M peanuts. I wonder whether people running down car brands have actually owned or experienced them for any length of time at least as far as Skoda is concerned I am sure they have not

I was pretty candid about the fact that I've yet not driven the fabia. All I was trying to say was that purchasing a car with a 3 pot diesel engine for a price of a decent mid-sized saloon is a bit ridiculous. I love the superb as much as I hate the fabia. I'd hate owning a fabia even though I can afford one easily. Owning and experiencing is completely different from evaluating something for how much it's actually worth. Would you pay a substantially higher amount for a property and say "I paid double the prevailing rates in this area and I really enjoy owning and experiencing this property?" Maybe. But others would probably evaluate the property before committing themselves.