kerbhopper

Not a Force yet

After huge expectations, Force india had a crash landing in Australia. The team is pretty much where it was last year - behind everyone else and ahead of the Super Aguris. Hope Mallya pulls it all together for Sepang

After huge expectations' date=' Force india had a crash landing in Australia. The team is pretty much where it was last year - behind everyone else and ahead of the Super Aguris. [/quote']

Hey the first race of the season is by no means a clear indicator of

the team's competence. It was unfortunate to lose both the cars by the

end of lap2 but racing incidents do happen.Force India were not really expecting any point scoring finishes yet.

Besides only 7 cars finished the race which is a decent indicator that

its too early in the season to make judgments.

There's a lot of hype created by our media instead of being realistic. Same happened when Karhtikeyan was racing. I read newspapers claiming that he'll be winning F1 races!! that to in a Jordan (considering their performances at that time)

Hope Mallya pulls it all together for Sepang

Yeah hope the team does, but am not expecting any great results till they hit the European circuits

As easy as it to take pot shots at Force One....it wouldn't be fair on our parts to do so now would it? After all.. it does have our country's flag on the car. For nothing else aside from that, well you guys be the judge.

I think only 6 had completed the race isn't it.

7 finished the race, but Barichello was disqualified as he exited the pit lane under red light. So Raikonen ended up getting the last point as he was promoted to 8th place.

Its too early to tell anything about Force India's performance for that matter any teams. We will have to wait at least 3/4 races to get a clear picture.

I am sure they will at least be quicker than last year.

to be fair, the force is brewing. fisi has shown some decent pace on occasion. last race in catalunya he did a good job of keeping heidfeld behind him for a good number of laps.

sutil i think needs to look at the positives of partnering fisi. last season he was quicker then all his team mates, but none of them were particularly quick. with fisi, he suddenly has competition within his own team, and he should look to learn.

mallya is not scrimping on the budget, and with gascoyne at the helm things will certainly improve. in 2009, force india will be a strong mid field contender for sure. ofr the current season, the team's focus is not t embarrass themselves. but the push is surely for 2009.

In all fairness.. a good job done by one of the Force India Drivers for sure.. the other.. well there's a saying in Hindi which goes.. Jab Naseeb hai **NDU to kare kya Pandu..

Yes their pace has improved by leaps and bounds which PONE so eloquently pointed out... but I have to be the nigger in the woodpile and say this.

2 Renault's, one Mclaren, one Toyota and one Honda retired.. who knows what would have happened if they had finished.. would the Force car have finished 10th?

Yea yea I know.. if my aunt had B@LLS she'd be my Uncle and all that.. but makes you think..

Agree with you P-One.

@ Zavo: Point taken but then the Force India finished and the others did not. I am pleased that they finished ahead of somebody and are improving. Giancarlo drove well and gave a fight even to the Beemer.

5u3zEr0, Aditya, POne, I think you fella's got me wrong.

I was as happy as a pig in $H!T looking at the force one car battle it out with the BMW, and yes I know that they finished and some other bigger team's did not, and yes that's the way the motorsports cookie crumbles etc etc, I was just pointing out the obvious.. thats all.. a thousand apologies if you guys missed that.