FuelRunGod

Swift Sedan (Dzire) Test Drive Report

if BMW had filed a patent for that silver rear strip on the 7 series then the DZire had lost the styling at all .Also@abhi are the thinner tyre found in Swift vxi there on the DZire vxi or had they decided to give the car grip by doing justice.

Nice report and snaps FRG. Maruti have tried to jazz up the ****y but the car remains ugly as expected.

I think we Indians will settle for anything just to get a sedan.....I guess its some kind of a status issue plus mine is bigger than yours syndrome!

EDIT : Guys I just used D!(KY but the software, did that! LOL

5u3zEr02008-03-21 13:01:11

This seems to be better than everyones expectations. The somewhat vertical A pillar gives away its hatchback origins though. The rear three quarter view is especially good with lots of chrome and 7 series like boot lid.

Pity they didnt increase the wheelbase. 

well i have atarted hating maruti for 1 thing...

the swift,sx4 and now even the dzire share the same steering wheel ,gearbox,pw switches etc... which all looks a bit 2 cheap.if its an executive sedan or midsize maruti may well take the pains 2 design new materials......

and when is the swift sport coming???????????

well i have atarted hating maruti for 1 thing...
the swift' date='sx4 and now even the dzire share the same steering wheel ,gearbox,pw switches etc... which all looks a bit 2 cheap.if its an executive sedan or midsize maruti may well take the pains 2 design new materials......
and when is the swift sport coming???????????
[/quote']

Platform sharing is common, so is parts bin sharing. That's what keeps the prices down. We are in India, remember, not so long ago we had nothing to talk about besides Amby, Padmini and probably, the sporty Herald Coupe from down south. Now that we have been spoilt, we are cribbing...

hey man well done....u hav given us a test drive even before the car has been launched.....but..well d car doesnt looks gr8 bcoz it feels dat a boot has just been attached 2 d swift nd no change.....but if maruti can price d car competitively especially of diesel den it will really set d market on fire !!!

hey man well done....u hav given us a test drive even before the car has been launched.....but..well d car doesnt looks gr8 bcoz it feels dat a boot has just been attached 2 d swift nd no change.....but if maruti can price d car competitively especially of diesel den it will really set d market on fire !!!

Please avoid SMS language in the forum

all these may be correct but can it beat the logan for VFM ????  and comfort

I don't think it can quite match the Logan even in terms of looks...smiley36.gif at least it's an integrated design and doesn't look ungainly...

Then why not go for airbags also .Ask them if the ABS is OE fitment and not just taken from i10 and put on the heavy monster for name sake .Also ask how many channel ABS is it 4 channel is the best 3 is fine avoid 2 channel one .