FuelRunGod

Palio Diesel Multijet Test Drive Report

Ya because multijet is fiats name n they cant use it like that so like many other companies who have different name of their engines like Crdi tcdi tdci cdi dicor etc ddis is one of them all are almost same tech but have different levels of refinement

I think Fiat priced it a lill bit above Indica and I guess Tata-fiat patnership is going .When I went to the showroom the dealer insisted me that the new DICOR is better .smiley7.gif I could have slapped him hard and he still doesn't have one for test drive.

When i test drove this vehicle, i put my right foot down and nothing happened for a second. Turbo lag is well pronounced in Palio. Then the dealer insisted me to drive Indica DICOR and it was very responsive. Though i don like Tata, i got DICOR just because it suited for city use.

So FRG anything confirmed yet on the ALLOYS?? are the really standard on the SDX variant ?? like even i have been seeing brochure on the FIAT INDIA website and it shows only wheel covers!

For the most surprise thing , Mangalore TATA- FIAT dealer has not recived even one PALIO MJD diesel till today! so no demo car nor bookings!!! whereas Vista has been launched on the day after of Indias launch ,and moreover these people here have only Palio  Stile PEtrol models and no Diesel smiley19.gif , i Pity!!

Cheers!!

in my city i have seen only 2 palio MJD till now that too immediately after launch...they have some 2 or 3 variants of palio mjd on display and 1st even i thought that palio Sdx comes with alloys but now i think no, it doesnt comes with alloys...Tata are really poor when it comes at marketing of Fiat...Wonder how Tata will treat Linea..

Yup dicor is more responsive than Multijet as it has more torque but its not as refined as MJD...

For city use Indica Dicor is good but then fit and finish is a concern..

Dicor definitely doesn't have more torque than the Multijet, that's sure. The problem must be the tall gearing tuned to be more fuel efficient that makes the MJD a chore in city traffic. Probably, the shorter gearing of the Tata for the 1 and 2 gears makes the difference in the city.

hey guys..

can anyone help me? i drive about 45 km everyday in city.

shud i go gor a diesel?

i m more interested in diesel car

budget: not more than 5 lac

so mainly  palio mjd SDE/ vista aqua

have really liked palio as a car always... mjd has gud reviews everywhere..

bad points of mjd

interiors ( i dont see much of a problem with that)

poor after sales?? HOW MUCH OF A PROBLEM IS THAT ESPECIALLY WITH THE TATA partnership??

poor resales? how worse is that?

please help me with a decision

mjd SDE is about 4.35 lac ex showroom delhi with music system

vista aqua 4.45 lac widout music system.. + 10k=4.55 effectively

or i might go for a-star... for ease of city driving..

of course it costs less and has all the safety features at 4 lac ex showroom

please guide me..

i drive 80% singly