Durango Dude

Elantra GLS: First paid service...

I went in for the service of my Elantra GLS(my first paid service after almost owning it for two and half years), after almost 1 year: was serviced last April. It's been humming around smoothly. But I decided  to go in for the service before something bad happens. They took just one day to service: gave it morn and got it back in the evening. Following things were done:Filter change: Rs.73.48, Engine oil: 641.33 for 3.9 lits. Engine Decarbonising: Rs1400. Periodic Maintenance Service: Rs.825. Flush and replace oil(WYNN's) Rs350. Total came up to Rs3697(incl taxes). The mileage clocked is only 9700 kms. My running is not that much. Now after the service it's looks and runs extra smooth. Hey guys, comment on this: I feel the engine decarbonising part is a little premature, isn't it? But the service advisor said its better to do it once its two years old. But all in all am satisifed with the car turned out after service. It's almost noiseless.

Hyundai Decoking devil once again! This decoking (as well as radiator flushing) are just ways of the dealerships making some extra money. A decoke at say 50,000km of almost exclusively town running makes sense, but not at your stage.Avoid signing up for decokes/radiator flushes in future.

Ideally, irrespective of how small the  distance travelled the oil & filter should be changed once a year, and coolant & brake fluid once in two years.

Hyundai Decoking devil once again! This decoking (as well as radiator flushing) are just ways of the dealerships making some extra money. A decoke at say 50' date='000km of almost exclusively town running makes sense, but not at your stage.Avoid signing up for decokes/radiator flushes in future.

Ideally, irrespective of how small the  distance travelled the oil & filter should be changed once a year, and coolant & brake fluid once in two years.

[/quote']

agreed, but for a car that hasn't run much in two and a half yrs flushing/decoking isnt a bad thing as the engine takes about 15-20K to fully get in its groove, so there could be some extra wear & tear