Durango Dude

Fiat India gone totally Kaput!!!

They don't have dealerships and aftersales of their own...they are finding it extremely difficult to push their VFM Palio's....And walla they go ahead and plan to launch 2 hatches one priced 12 lakhs and size of the older Zen and one at 22 lakhs the size a little bigger than the Getz. Me thinks there will be hardly any takers....After being around for soo long what did they do...they first wound up their dedicated dealerships and tagged along with Tata..that's a pretty retrograde and customer confidence dampening step...and instead of launching the VFM Linea they go ahead and launch 2 extremely pricey hatches...when I saw the pics I wanted to buy one and one look at the estimated prices...I knew I was way out off my depth. And they are planning an investment of Rs2300 crore and Ranjangaon. Come to think of it: I'd really like to know how many Palio's they push every month...Bet they will not cross double figures.

I feel that all the problems started when they launched Uno, they started out with a very bad note. Beacause they did not have spares and after sales service was poor. And apart from this, their marketing was also very poor. So they lost out a lot. Even now i feel they are loosing it big time after the tie up with Tata.

yes  by better models, better features, yes may be to an extent. But what about after sales services, spares and its quality etc. These are prime most things which are considered and with the way of service at Tata i am a little apprehensive. Fiat has good cars but needs to be backed by the above criteria's.

I think Fiat India should focus more on their dealerships like opening more Tata-Fiat dealerships or every Tata dealership should have Fiat products and spare parts, and only after that they should focus on their products. 

Fiat tied-up with TATA coz tata has good no.(this was one of the reasons) of dealerships and to make the sales effective...fiat dealers were slowly closing down the showrooms tired of poor sales..After fiats success in india i think again Fiat will do all thing on its own...Fiat thought that TATA can help the sales going up..After punto and linea fiat will have a second innings in India with a new start i thing fiat will make it..

Fiat tied-up with TATA coz tata has good no.(this was one of the reasons) of dealerships and to make the sales effective...fiat dealers were slowly closing down the showrooms tired of poor sales..After fiats success in india i think again Fiat will do all thing on its own...Fiat thought that TATA can help the sales going up..After punto and linea fiat will have a second innings in India with a new start i thing fiat will make it..

Punto is no mainstream car: costs upto 21-22 lakhs and Linea is going to cost 9 lakhs upwards...would you buy one? I definitely would not...that too from Fiat India...What Fiat India needs is a total management change..I have known Italians to be eccentric and emotional but this is too much, guys at Fiat India are nuts!!! They'll be well off with an apprenticeship at Maruti Suzuki...or better get Jagdish Khattar to run the show for them...he may turn around the company say in 5 to 10 years time.

Punto is no mainstream car: costs upto 21-22 lakhs and Linea is going to cost 9 lakhs upwards...would you buy one? I definitely would not...that too from Fiat India...What Fiat India needs is a total management change..I have known Italians to be eccentric and emotional but this is too much' date=' guys at Fiat India are nuts!!! They'll be well off with an apprenticeship at Maruti Suzuki...or better get Jagdish Khattar to run the show for them...he may turn around the company say in 5 to 10 years time.
[/quote']

hey when you say punto priced at 21-22 lakhs are you actually referring to Cinquecento (Fiat 500)?

Fiat's cars are VFM and their technology is one of the world best. But the management in India has been thrown into the hands of baffoons or monkeys for a long time. They dont know what  great products and technology are they selling. I think  Suzuki, GM and the Tatas know the strength and potential of Fiat's technology better than those who do the monkey play in Fiat.The after sales is so pathetic just like the things in a government office. Fiat would have been atleast the second largest seller in India if their marketing and service were better since the brand has a great nostalgic image in our minds. We can just wait and see in what all ways they can commit suicide.  

Fiat 500 is around 12-15 lac and what he is talking about is bravo which somewhat looks like punto from front and it is priced at 21-22 lacs..but bravo and punto are totally different cars..

My mistake, I confused Bravo with the Grande Punto..Sorry.

I meant Fiat in 2nd position because the Koreans came to India only in the last half of 90's. Tata also launched their Indica only in 1998. But Fiat was there from down the memory lane as the Premier Padmini. When we look back to the sales figures of Fiat Siena, it was clearly ahead of the competition in the beginning especially than the Hyundai Accent. Later when service became a headache Fiat lost market share. Uno also got very good bookings but those who booked had to go to the court to get back the booking amount. So Fiat has made so many black marks. If they had given better service and knew atleast the marketing tactics that an ordinary merchant knows, they could have done far better.

Tend to more or less agree with DD on this but would like to add that the petrol Palio is already selling in triple digits. I am seeing more and more Stile's on the road in different cities. About the 500 and the Bravo, they are just lifestyle cars and Fiat is not expecting good sales from them. The Grande Punto will be their make or break model and to a certain extent the Linea. From what I have read they are going to be prices pretty aggressively, so lets hope for the best.

I would not like it if Fiat leaves India beacuse they make cars which appeal to the heart more than the head!

I think vw should launch Golf ' date='it can be said as best compeitor to Punto .Swift is be defeated hollow by punto if priced right.[/quote']

Your way off the mark, no Fiat product can compete with Maruti and its envious dealer and service network. I'd consider the Punto if it turns out real sexy... and came with a killer pricing...but If service were that bad...I'd just back off. Even if Fiat were to bring in Ferrari, if it had no service then whats the use. I knew a real rich guy in Chennai who used to send his Jag to Singapore for service...now how many of us can do that. On second thoughts, a person who can afford a Ferrari could do that...
Durango Dude2008-03-29 11:58:59