Sign in to follow this  
Sanjeev Nanda

Tata Nexon

I am planning to buy Tata Nexon by next month. Though, I have read a lot of reviews but still want to know is it a good purchase. What about its fuel efficiency in the city and on highways? Any suggestions are welcome.

Tata Nexon is a very capable product. And it is priced superbly, well below Vitara Brezza and EcoSport. Ride and handling is good too and is feature loaded. However, it has its own negatives as well.

Before I jump to negatives, if you go by looks, Nexon is clear winner. It has a great steering setup, driving modes and best in class music system. 

But fit and finish is where it lags behind both Brezza and Ecosport. Now Brezza also lags behind in terms of quality and switch gear but where Brezza scores is practicality and ergonomics. Maruti has mastered what Indian's like in a car and everything falls to your hand very conveniently. Surprisingly, Brezza is fun to drive too but here is Ecosport masters handling and it is great inside in terms of quality. Tata provides a perfect balance between the two. It rides well, steers well, is punchier than Brezza. Initial impressions I heard was like DRL stopped working, reverse camera showed error etc. That's where Tata needs to work upon.  

@ksgulyani you have meticulously compared TATA Nexon with brezza and ecosport. TATA needs to keep their customer’s priorities ahead of everyone and service centre personnel’s accountable for the work they do on their customer’s cars.

Tata Nexon is good choice if you are working on tight budget and don't want to stretch beyond certain amount but if you are flexible than Ecosport is good choice. 

Breeza is also nice car if you want fuel efficiency , reliability , easy maintenance , resale value etc... but the interiors as well as the exterior  according to me is bit outdated and not exciting. 

Tata Nexon's interior as well as exterior offers unique unconventional design and Ford Ecosport have kept the exterior somewhat unchanged and looks proper mini-suv and interiors looks far superior (Except speedo console) than both Nexon and Breeza. 

Ford has got most refined engine among the three and the driving dynamics are best offered in Ford as compared to Nexon and Breeza.

If you want a pure driving machine than nothing is better than Ford Ecosport

if you are looking for best value for money than Tata Nexon is good choice.   

If you want to play safe in all the factors than go for Breeza.