rugs_tachy

Best Sedan for Rs 6 Lacs

Without a doubt Swift dzire diesel is the best option available. Good engine, nice looks, awesome features, enviable service network and a mileage as good as swift hatchback. What better can you ask for?smiley2.gif

pls go for the dzire diesel. tatas are never known for their reliability.

yes' date=' but if u want lots of space in the cabin, u have no other choice than the indigo CS.

but if u can live with a petrol, the logan is the best bet at this price.
[/quote']

petrol logan a big no no....kindly check up the resale value of the vehicle ...and with avg. of 9 kmpl its not the kinda thing any one would like to buy.....yes diesel is an option its a good engine...

logan petrol is not that good for driving but yes diesel is....but still go for Dzire if you are not having problems with styling its a real VFM package we have today...with world class multijet diesel..

i wud certainly prefer Dzire,if u can compromise with its rear...

looks little weird , in fact doesn't suit the body..

but it has the maximum power to weight ratio so u can't even neglect that..,choice is urs..

else have a look at Logan n SX4

yes.......the Dzire makes most sense here......plus he'll be driving a lot, so Dzire will be a good driving companion, other things said and done.

Hi rugs.. a question for you... why your friend is interested in buying a Diesel car when he would be clocking only 1500 km/month, as going by this average it will take approx. 3+ years for him to recover the Rs. 1 lac price differential when compred to petrol variants.

Hi rugs.. a question for you... why your friend is interested in buying a Diesel car when he would be clocking only 1500 km/month' date=' as going by this average it will take approx. 3+ years for him to recover the Rs. 1 lac price differential when compred to petrol variants.[/quote']

I would think that 1500 km per month is a fairly good figure to consider a break-even. We may already be into a profit if diesel option here. At about Rs 20 differential per litre, 6 km differential in kmpl, Rs 80 K cost differential for engine type, you are in profit towards the end of the second year itself. (Maybe a bit more. I did not factor in the interest cost on the diff.)

What needs to be verified is whether the km per month indicated is a wild guess, or based on reality. My take is that it is a guessitmate, and most likely wrong.

@Innocent 1200km per month is the time were you have to buy a diesel .

@Confused the ex-showroom price of swift hatch is itself 5.98 in Mumbai so DZire ZXi = to around 6.4lakhs .Also the Fiesta exi 1.4lt is 7 lakhs on road and the price quoted is a lakhs lower.

hi everybody' date=' this is rakesh working with Reliance communications, India...smiley5.gifwhats wrong with Cheverolet 1.4 LS Special Edition ??   I want to purchase this inspite of the presence of Ford Fiests EXI and Honda City Zxi exi all 1.4 as I found all the good features. Is there any drawback of this car?? awaiting yr reply[/quote']

FYI
1.4 : 10.7 (City) / 14.6 (Highway)

PROS:

The car is solid and the build quality reflects that;

rich look and level of equipment, colours used and the overall design. The dashboard boasts exceptional high quality for the segment.

The Aveo is not meant for enthusiastic driving, but cruising is what it does best.

CONS:

gearbox was found to be clunky to use

The steering is pretty lifeless while the car understeers pretty easily.

low safety ratings in the Euro NCAP tests.

Headlamps are not the best. Bulb upgrade recommended.

Torque delivery at low rpms is negligible and this affects urban driveability to an extent. However the mid-range is strong and is good for cruising and overtaking.

Taller owners had a problem with the dashboard hitting their knees.

REST its For you to decide.