Mahesh24

Honda WRV or S-Cross

Folks,

I am planning to buy a Compact SUV. I have shortlisted Wrv and S-Cross. I am confused as which to select. S-Cross has more features than Wrv, but Wrv has a better engine performance. Friends, kindly provide your suggestions.

Regards,

Mahesh

Go for better engune performance. My personal Experience is that features are gimmic except some must one. You will never miss gimmics in a car but you will surely miss an engine performaance. Maruti is now more focussing on mileage than performance and hence downgraded s cross engine from 1.6L to 1.2 L

Both are different cars, one is compact <4m (WR-V), while other S-Cross is longer, so are their price points.

As a complete car (sapce, features, ride and handling, A.S.S etc) S-Cross is better. However, it has the same 1.3 MJD running which other Maruti cars also have. Though it gets the job done but for a heavy car like S-Cross it's definitely under powered.

If you are looking for diesel option, then 1.5 L of WR-V is much better.

There is no petrol option in S-Cross so WR-V is your default option.

However, if you are open to other options then I will suggest you take a good look at newly launched Tata Nexon and Ford Ecosport.

Out of these 4 options, my pick will be Ford Ecosport (be it diesel or petrol).

@Mahesh24 efficient turbocharger on 1.2L  engine will perform better and would be more fuel efficient. This car has better sound insulation than the WR-V. Honda’s customer support is poor. MARUTI ‘s customer support is one of the best. S-cross has great built quality.

I recently took test drive of the Ecosport Titanium 1.5 diesel. Hotw does Ecosport and S cross provide fuel mileage in city and highway. Considering the long term maintenance cost between these two which of these do you suggest.