Sahas.r

Nexon vs Ecosport Petrol - Urgent inputs Required for buying

hi all, 

I am planning to buy a car. The short list includes Ford Ecosport Ambi variant and the Tata Nexon XM Variant. 

Out of the two, my personal fav is the Nexon. However, before i finalize, please help me with these doubts. It is greatly appreciated. 

a) Who wins mileage war between petrol variant of nexon and ecosport? city and highway? 

B) which car is safer in terms of build quality

c) Will tata send nexon to the cab segment? Worried about this a lot. Please help. 

your inputs are greatly appreciated. 

22 hours ago, Sahas.r said:

@Sahas.r

a) Who wins mileage war between petrol variant of nexon and ecosport? city and highway? On highways the Nexon has fuel average of 13kmpl and ECOSPORT 15kmpl, 

b’) which car is safer in terms of build quality NCAP rating of both C.SUV are same 4/5.

c) Will tata send nexon to the cab segment? Worried about this a lot. Please help. IN INDIA ALL LUXURY BRANDS ARE USED AS TAXI INCLUDING MERCEDES & BMWs

FORD ECO GENERATES MORE POWER AND COSTLIER THAN NEXON BY ₹80,000.

1. Mileage wise, Ecosport should be better. Nexon has a Turbo-charged engine and will definitely give you lower mileage. But by how much, that remains to be seen. Nexon is sure a fuel guzzler but cannot comment about the Ecosport. 

2. Both have decent build quality. But the thing to note is Ecosport's interiors are much better finished. The fit and finish of that car is the best in the segment. 

3. Nexon should most probably not be moved towards Taxi segment as it is a 'premium' product. Moreover, sub-compact SUV's simply don't make sense for Taxi segment. 

In my opinion, Ecosport is a much better car here, if you're okay with the space inside. The engine is more responsive in city, much more refined, and should be more fuel efficient too. Also, I think you should look at the Trend variant. The touchscreen alone is worth the price! It's simply the best unit in a less than 15L car atleast!

@jsanket9578 both Ecosport and Nexon are turbocharged. 

Who told you that the turbocharged vehicles have lower mileage??

Purpose of turbocharger is to give extra air in the combustion chamber so that fuel can burn completely thus resulting in more mileage.