Sign in to follow this  
ranjit

Honda city petrol CVT or VW Vento Petrol DSG??? Confusion. Urgent solution PLZ..

I want to buy a new car with a budget between 12-15 L. I have a confusion between city v/s vento.

Plz guide urgently.

Mod Note: Don't use sms lingo on board & put capital letters where required.

VW Vento / SKODA Rapid - The petrol engine gets a conventional 6-speed automatic gearbox while the Diesel gets a 7-speed DSG* dual-clutch automatic that can be manually controlled via the triptonic gear lever (no paddle shifters available). 

Honda City has automatic in Petrol only.

So without a doubt, DSG is a better option - But it is for diesels only. SKODA Rapid just received a fresh update and personally that looks awesome. So for diesel automatic I would bet for Rapid DSG as of now.

For petrol - City has paddle shifters which makes driving much more fun and exciting. So I would put money on City for petrol automatic

Go for City CVT as it is best suitable for the city drive with the ease of automatic transmission and technologically a better option than VW/Skoda Petrol automatics. VW/Skoda do not offer DSG in Vento/Rapid pertrol and instead they have conventional auto box which are matted to 6 speed gears whereas DSG is 7 speed.

So go for City if you have petrol in the head.

DSG is anyday better. With 7 speed box, even better. But what Honda provides are paddle shifters which makes the drive engaging.
I give credit to Honda City for engine and Vento for DSG. City CVT with Paddle shifters makes for an no-nonsense buy BUT Vento DSG is value for money and an enthusiast buy.
Keep Vento DSG as option 1 and test drive both cars.

Better to buy Honda City than the Volkswagen Vento. There are enough horror stories about Volkswagen in India.

I would suggest that you also look at the Maruti Ciaz. Maruti has good spare parts availability, there are good year end discounts of up-to a lakh or more on the Ciaz and it is real value for money. Only problem is that the engine is not so powerful. Avoid Hyundai Verna - I bought it and for 17 days they have not made spare parts available. 

Ciaz CVT is rather value for money option and will cost a lot less. You will definitely have a peace of mind in terms of repairs and running cost. No one can beat Suzuki in terms of running cost and repairs. BUT I would suggest to wait for Ciaz Facelift (Mid 2018) and then buy the AT version if you are considering Ciaz. 

Hi Ranjeet, Honda city cvt makes more sense because of higher power, much more cabin space, higher features, trustworthy CVT gearbox, better mileage and better resale value. Just recently compared both for one of my close friends. B/R

Petrol engine of Honda City is better than that of Vento.

It has more power, is more refined and delivers better, consistent fuel efficiency and is reliable AF.

The Japanese automakers have provided the new Honda City with a makeover that goes with their modern design philosophy. The new bumpers and the change in the alloy wheels give the car a very sporty look. The new diamond cut variety will be an option for the Indian market, in conjunction with the ongoing model.

No changes have been made on the engine front and the car will continue to run with a 1.5-litre petrol or a 1.5-litre diesel engine. The petrol version of the model churns 119bhp and 145Nm of torque, whereas the diesel version runs on 99bhp and 200Nm of torque.

The petrol model offers a 5-speed manual and automatic CVT gearbox option and the diesel model comes with a 6-speed manual gearbox. On the safety front, the City comes with dual airbags and ABS.

A new Honda City Price in India starts at INR 8.50 lakhs and a Used Honda City Car can be bought around INR 5 lakhs, depending on the condition of the car.

Technical Specifications-
Mileage - 25.6 Kmpl
Engine Displacement - 1498 Cc
Engine Description - 1.5-litre 98.6bhp 16V I DTEC Diesel Engine
Max Bhp - 98.6bhp@3600rpm
Max Torque - 200Nm@1750rpm
Gearbox - 6 Speed

The Vento has been upgraded with deeper creases and new front grille with triple chrome slats. Whereas, the interiors of Volkswagen Vento car is concerned it also remains the same. Despite this, the Volkswagen Vento car still has new colour themes and upgraded equipment.The Volkswagen Vento car price ranges around INR 8.45 lakhs to INR 13.64 lakhs. In case if you are planning to buy a Used Volkswagen Vento Car then it retails around INR 8.15 lakhs depending upon its variants.

Technical Specifications-
Engine Description - 1. 1197 Cc, Petrol, 103 Bhp @ 5000 RPM Power 2. 1598 Cc, Petrol, 103 Bhp @ 5250 RPM Power 3. 1498 Cc, Diesel, 108 Bhp @ 4400 RPM Power
Gearbox - 1. 7-speed, Automatic, Front Wheel Drive 2. 5-speed, Manual, Front Wheel Drive
Seating Capacity - 5 Seater
Steering - Power Steering