Reese

Which Car to Buy among Sedans next year!

Suzuki Ciaz Facelift to be launched in June comes with sunroof, revised grille and alloy wheels. Not only that it accompanies new DRLs, revised headlamps, tail light cluster and a premium interior. Both petrol and diesel just for 8 Lakhs. Must have sedan! Good choice within the budget is what I can say.

download.jpg

Has to be the Ciaz. They should definitely add the cruise control (already in S-cross) and the 1.5 diesel engine. 

Great spare parts availability unlike the Hyundai Verna where I am waiting for 17 days for spare parts for a 2 month old car. I will sell this and buy the Ciaz when the facelift arrives

@rki - Looks like you had a really one of the bad experiences with Hyundai. Even I am fed up with Hyundai After Sales Services but seems your case of 17 days is too much. As I mentioned earlier in another post, Chevrolet even after shutting down operations provided TAT of 4 days for accident repair of BEAT. Ciaz cannot be beaten in this regards. But 17 days by Hyundai is something totally unexpected.

Thanks.

I have already escalated and tweeted to hyundai india. No response other than that they will call me.

During sales process, I had complained that they got petrol vehicle for test drive instead of diesel and hyundai customer care responded after 5 days. They just shared my number with the dealership

It is difficult to understand what I am going through unless one's 1.5 month old new verna is waiting for spare parts for 3 weeks

My learning is that buying a car is not buying the engine specs. It is about the full experience.

Hoping to sell this off after a few months to get back to good old Maruti Suzuki.

Very well said - buying a car is not buying the engine specs. It is about the full experience.

And this is where Suzuki Shines and stands unbeaten. Although I would consider your case as one of the rare one with Hyundai as I do not expect such a long delay. This can be due to the fact that Verna is relatively too new for its spare parts to be available (unlike Suzuki which have them well before the car production starts as many parts are shared as well). 

Hope your car gets repaired soon! Do keep us posted about the experience at the end. 

100%.
I searched the net and have found cases where 2012 Verna buyers are struggling for spare parts in 2017. Shudders to think of being a next-Gen Verna 2017 owner in 2022.

Hyundai is focused on pricing cars high to make fat profits and is only focused on sales and general service. The dealers of Hyundai have a monopoly and Hyundai has no control over them unlike Suzuki and unlike Toyota. If you need spare parts, please wait 10-14 days - we can't tell you an ETA. The spare parts come from Chennai :)