Durango Dude

HM-Mitsubishi....Too slow to react...

Another car company that's like a slow slumbering giant...is HM Mitsui...The Cedia is slow moving...Lancer has totally fallen off the buyers radar, and is very looong in the tooth. The 'Evo'cative new Lancer is probably coming in 2009...by then things would have moved on. I have seen a few 'aged' new Pajero's here in Chennai. Cedia's are sighted, but very few and far between. Montero: yet to see one. At one time The Lancer was a luxo barge...everyone with money had one...I used to salivate..on seeing one. By the time I had enough moolah to afford one it was history and there was no proper replacement. Cedia is as staid as the Elantra looks wise; and the aftersales was nothing to write home about. In these fast times, when models life is almost half what it was...Lancer plods on like a dinosaur awaiting extinction. I see more Elantra's than Cedia's..if Elantra's a flop then think of the Lancer/Cedia. Durango Dude2008-03-26 17:53:05

yes i totally agree , mitsubishi has has been napping all this while. lancer diesel is still finding some buyers in punjab, the reason for this i think is some sort of emotional attachment with things that are old. otherwise its an obsolete product considering its age & genaration. but things might be in for a change as aci indicated , new genaration lancer with those swanky looks is getting ready to redeem the lost glory in early 2009. so, best of luck mitsubishi , get geared up & do launch that 140 bhp diesel borrowed from vw.

Hi as pointed out by Autocar India, in the April issue, Mitsubishi would be launching the new Lancer by early 2009. It would be available in both petrol and diesel smiley32.gif. I personally feel the diesel would be the trump card.

The Mitsu EVO is also on its way, but would cost around 35 lacs smiley3.gif, since it would be a direct import. This would boost the company's image.

If i am the 'President' for Mitsubhi India, i would plonk a diesel engine into Cedia to boost its sales smiley2.gif.

Well Cedia is a good bargain but people compare HM-Mist to Opel for really costly spare part and low dealerships .The spare have dropped but still many are not thinking of it .I have seen many Cedias in my area not as many as corollas but still countable .

hyundai can afford flops as they have a wide range of fast selling cars...

but i dont think HM/Mitsu has such market...is there any car from that stable doing well in the market right now ?? then how are they affording to run the company ??

Guys what can u expect from a company that makes Ambys.still!!

Birla's are known for their inertia's. Mind you not the Adiya Birla Group, why can't he get the company under his management at least it would be a fresh start.

Mitsubishi is sinking fast and what may prevent its sinking is the EVO X, but they have really hit them selves by tying up with HM. Adios to Mitsubishi in India unless and until they take the courage and start their own ops in India. With beautiful cars like the Evo X the Pajero, the Montero and the hybrid Montero it is ripe for them to take India by storm afresh.

Yes the HM-Mitsubishi alliance is not maintaining the much needed market dynamism. Hope HM and its Japanese partner rise and act.

Also, HM is launching a new car in October 2008 from its Uttarpara plant in W.B. where it still makes Ambassadors. This car must not be a hi-tech one, but something along the lines of the good old Amby. 

Yesterday I was on a Visit to the HM factory Located in Chennai ( Thiruvalur) , Saw 2 Outlanders parked inside and enquired :

Launch date : 31st August 2008

Petrol version

No diesel planned as of now , could not take any pictures as i was on a visit to help them upgrade their SAP system .

size is similar to CRV , 4wd

cool info but for HM to be on the front they should launch outlander with diesel version coz an suv in Crv category, to beat Crv should be a diesel like captiva if it would have launched with petrol it would immediately show the response i.e flop results though car is very good...but Crv is king so to beat it diesel is must secondly if outlander is better and cheaper than Crv then wat about dealerships i think their dealer network is poor...

some years back in Aci it was mentioned that mitsubishi Galant will be here in some time, i think launch date was around 2008 or so...wat happened to that guys.....even before than that in Aci it was also there about Grandis-an estate wagon ..but still no launches...even m waiting for New Lancer...it looks much better than current when which is even in production or not i dont know coz it hardly sells...i think even 2 digits selling is tough for lancer now...H city is ready for 3rd all new model in india but HM who launched lancer to compete against city has lost everything in India.....i ave also read that Hindustan motors is going to launch its own new sedan....i got this info in Auto Bild... 

@ bluesapphire= nice pics buddy........yup.......mitsubishi really needs to launch its new lancer or say Evolution X fast.........i think this time there will be much more response n buyers for this lancer.......Outlander will give a nice competetion to its main rival the Honda CR-V.......it will be good to see a shootout against each other in ACI ..............yeah Grandis looks good.....it will also give a good competition to innova.......bcoz at this time there is no direct competiotion for innova................anybody knows the launch date of grandis ??...but i dont no why grandis looks me more estate than a MUV.........it seems like mitsubishi is also ready to give some tough competition to its rivals...........n ya........bluesapphire am waiting for other pics of Galant and lancer...........smiley17.gif   vibhor2008-07-06 15:16:11

evo X wil hit the sweet spot...awesome car...those who watch top gear by Jeremy and crew wil know....it can do 4 wheel smoking 360degree turns!!!watch top gear season 11 episode 2....u can get the torrent from www.isohunt.com