Gargoyle

Tuscon - 10 months after

The Tuscon has not been commented

on this forum. Perhaps I may not have searched properly.

Anyway I own a Tuscon for the

last 10 months and thought I would share the experience with all of you.

In a few forums, the cost of the

vehicle has come in for a lot of stick. I guess that is appropriate considering

that a vehicle that is available for the equivalent of around Rs 8 lakhs or

less aboard is being sold in India for a staggering Rs 18.00 lakhs plus. No

amount of blaming the Government

What is wrong with the Hyundai Tucson?

kikuma25

13 Mar 2008 at 12:44pm

By

Gargoyle

right_arrow.gif

There's this thread on this SUV from a member who hails from Bangalore in the Indian Cars section.

Hyundai is neglecting its premium SUV customers- they should spruce up their act or else the competition will swallow them up in this segment.

Rats I used to have that problem in my Accent. I have had to remove cooked rats: rare, medium and overdone..<sic> my cam cover had doubled up as a Rat Barbeque. When I used to start the car and on the a/c you could smell a rat...Then one guy gave me advice to have Napthalene balls in a polythene bag and keep them in all the rat hideouts under the Bonnet, and it worked...that kept the rats away...try it!! The rats had a taste for fuel lines of my Accent. I haven't had a problem with Hyundai Service. I always go to Hyundai Motor Plaza, Chennai. Where do you live? Your experience at the service is real bad..it hasn't been like this at all for me...I have been with Hyundai for 8 1/2 years.Durango Dude2008-03-27 16:19:24

I sure do: that's what takes me all the way to Ekkatuthangal from Adyar, their service has been impeccable so far, others do provide drivers for pickup &  drop,HMP doesn't...but I prefer HMP for their service. But make sure to book well in advance. They have a dedicated service person for Elantra, so for Tucson you must receive royal treatment. Try them out you sure won't regret.

@Gargoyle are you satisfied with you buy .I don't think you look satisfied from your posts .Even Honda has problems going upmarket (competing with 5 series and roadsters).

I am quite happy with the Car. It is giving very good service. I am still pissed off with the price I had to pay. I feel Hyundai had ripped me off !!. The Car is a good buy at around 12 Lakhs.smiley7.gif

I am quite happy with the Car. It is giving very good service. I am still pissed off with the price I had to pay. I feel Hyundai had ripped me off !!. The Car is a good buy at around 12 Lakhs.smiley7.gif

I understand your feeling: even if I had that kinda money, I wouldn't have gone for the Tucson...probably the old Pajero would have done good, as an "image boost" than the Tucson...and come to think of it even the Getz CRDI has almost got the same power as the Tucson....looks like Hyundai has thumbed it's nose at both the Elantra CRDI and Tucson owners in one go, giving one hatch<7 lakhs>, Sedan<11lakhs> and Softroader<22lakhs>, all with the same power rating...Even the Sonata CRDI would have been a better buy at that price point...Tucson was doomed at the beggining being a CBU..with no image.