Sign in to follow this  
rakeshsinha

Elite i20 2018 or TATA Nexon XZ+

Hi,

I have booked a TATA Nexon XZ+ petrol in last week of January'18 and waiting for delivery.

However, I visited Auto expo 2018 in greater Noida to see the new Elite i20 launced by Hyundai. Post this I am in a state of confusion whether to consider Nexon as my next car or not. Prior to booking of this new mini SUV of TATA, I was told by few of my friends that although the car's specification is good including its drivieability, but the service level of TATA still requires major improvement and I will have to face issues later on.

On the other hand, the i20 has been a great car and now Hyundai have launced a new facelift with addition of few new features once again including a 7" touch screen inside. The overall looks of car from front and rear has also been made aggressive. Against 2 nos. airbags of TATA, the Elite i20 has minimum 4 airbags and appears to be safer. Moreover the after sales services of Hyndai is supposed to be far better than TATA.

But looks wise, NEXON still imprss me a lot. I am thereofore confused and unable to analyse my decision on opting TATA car in front of i20. Please guide me. 

@rakeshsinha, first thing to remember is that Nexon and i20 are from different class, one is a compact SUV while other is a compact hatchback. 

Choosing a car entirely depends upon a user's requirements. However, compact SUVs are latest rage in India (and across world as well).

If you want a compact SUV then possible competitors to Nexon are Maruti Brezza, Ford EcoSport.

If safety is your top priority then nothing beats EcoSport (top model) which comes with 6 airbags.

People have this notion that Tata's after sales is bad and they might be right to a certain extent as well. However, they have improved vastly in product quality as well as after sales over the years and to me this point should not be a deal breaker.

So my advise is stick to Nexon or if budget permits check out EcoSport as well.

12 hours ago, sachins said:

@rakeshsinha, first thing to remember is that Nexon and i20 are from different class, one is a compact SUV while other is a compact hatchback. 

Choosing a car entirely depends upon a user's requirements. However, compact SUVs are latest rage in India (and across world as well).

If you want a compact SUV then possible competitors to Nexon are Maruti Brezza, Ford EcoSport.

If safety is your top priority then nothing beats EcoSport (top model) which comes with 6 airbags.

People have this notion that Tata's after sales is bad and they might be right to a certain extent as well. However, they have improved vastly in product quality as well as after sales over the years and to me this point should not be a deal breaker.

So my advise is stick to Nexon or if budget permits check out EcoSport as well.

Thanks very much for your guidance. In fact today i took test drive of new i20 and got impressed with driver quality and better interiros very well. However, once again when i visited TATA showroom at Mathura road to check delivery status, i found a Nexon in showroom having very fantastic interiors and exterior looks as well. ok, i shall stick to my first decision