Gargoyle

Diesel Prices

Dear Friends,

I was rudely surprised to note that SHELL sells their premium diesel 'Shell Extra' at Rs 47.80 per Litre in Chennai.

WOW !

They must be making up for lost revenues in the sale of subsidized petrol and ordinary diesel.

Wonder what the prices are in the rest of the country? Can readers contribute ? Especially premium diesel prices from IOC/ HP/ BP

rgds

Diesel Prices in Solapur (Maharashtra)---->

Hi-Speed Diesel--Bharat Petroleum's Premium Diesel=>Rs.39.40/Ltr.

Xtra Mile Diesel--Indian Oil Corporation's Premium Diesel=>Rs.39.49/Ltr.

There is news that Reliance is shutting down all pumps (there is a thread on this) and most other private firms may follow suit. So we will be left only with 'sarkari' fuels.

About a fortnight ago I was driving the Kanpur-Lucknow stretch of the EW Corridor. The A1 Plaza and the Reliance pump were closed. On the way back I did spot a couple of attendants standing in front of the forecourt. So the deed is done. Folks, only Sarkari petrol with all the special 'additives' henceforth.

About a fortnight ago I was driving the Kanpur-Lucknow stretch of the EW Corridor. The A1 Plaza and the Reliance pump were closed. On the way back I did spot a couple of attendants standing in front of the forecourt. So the deed is done. Folks' date=' only Sarkari petrol with all the special 'additives' henceforth.

[/quote']

Amen

I don't think Shell will close. Their petrol is in big demand here and in Bangalore. People who have tried it, stick to it and there are good enough queues in their bunks. There are about 13 Shell stations in Madras at last count. Unfortunately none close to me, otherwise I would have shifted to Shell super. Hope they open one soon.

Whether diesel sells there or not is another question!

The service @ Shell is much better than at any other pump. After filling up and paying for the fuel, much to my amusement - the girl who attended to me - stood her ground and recited from memory about 5 instructions on driving safely all in one breath. She concluded by saying "always put on your seat belt". Almost every one in the Car were rolling in laughter at the end of her little speech.

Essar- oh that cheap looking red pumps ..they r in this from long time n when they started their pumps n till now i have not seen any staff filling fuel there in cars ..most of the time they r closed on highways especially...shell were very good pumps but in my city its closed now n 50rs for diesel is too too too costly ..costly even than petrol ..   

From all other private fuel co. Reliance made d highest losses due to highest investment made by reliance but heard that its going to construct something like rfresh or malls or like that on that land where pumps r situated..

I do not see why the govt. cannot dole out the same subsidy to the private operators. I think we all agree that both the fuel as well as services are far better there.

True. In a way, it comes around and bites them anyway. Without the subsidy, the buyer stops buying from say Reliance, and buys from HP. The Govt ends up losing out whichever way!!

Service depends a lot on the franchisee. I get excellent service from both BP and IOC pumps I normally use. I had trouble with a Reliance - he was more keen to serve his chums on two wheelers jumping the queue.

I agree with sgiitk that it depends on the Franchisee's. I have got free water bottles from a HP bunk and nothing in other HP bunks. One IBP station is always crowded even though there are 2 more bunks in less than 25 metres!