Sign in to follow this  
ksgulyani

Hyundai i20 Asta (o) vs Honda Amaze VX [Petrol]

Hello everyone,

I want recommendations as which car is the best buy here?

Looks - i20 is a lot better as I simply dislike flat front and rear of amaze

Features - Both are on par. i20 just adds 4 extra airbags and projector headlamps

Price - i20 asta is cheaper by 40K than Amaze but i20 Asta (o) is costlier by 40K [on road]

Drive - Both are equally good and refined. Engine/power/torque almost identical. i20 feels peppier. 

Please provide feedback. The car is to be driven by my sister.

Thanks!

I presume you are comparing petrol variants for both i20 and Amaze.

I think both cars have their own pros and cons.

Hyundai's 1.2 petrol has good low end torque but pretty average mid and top end.

Honda's 1.2 iVtec has poor low end but pretty good top end.

Since the car will be driven by your sister (presumably in city), I would rather suggest to look at CVT option and here Honda's CVT i think is better than Hyundai's (both in smoothness and mileage).  Difference between i20 Magna AT and Amaze S AT is around 30-40k.

Edited by sachins

Thanks @sachins. Yes it is mostly for city runs and petrol car only. 

We went to drive both! Well, she still wants a manual gearbox as her city run has less traffic. Probably Amaze it is but we are still in doubt regarding looks of it. That's why we went on test driving Nexon which has an OKAY drive compared to both. Now that we have a vote for Amaze, i20 is out for now :)

17 minutes ago, ksgulyani said:

Thanks @sachins. Yes it is mostly for city runs and petrol car only. 

We went to drive both! Well, she still wants a manual gearbox as her city run has less traffic. Probably Amaze it is but we are still in doubt regarding looks of it. That's why we went on test driving Nexon which has an OKAY drive compared to both. Now that we have a vote for Amaze, i20 is out for now :)

Amaze is a much better car now after the facelift (looks are anyways subjective).

My BIL also just bought an Amaze (S - CVT) variant in Gurugram for around 8.4 to 8.5 lacs OTR.

Just to confuse you more, if your sister is looking for a petrol manual then Baleno is also an excellent choice (barring a bit flimsy outer body). Maruti's 1.2 K series engine is a gem.

Thanks @sachins

Yes, we did consider Baleno right at the start. But she was not in favour of a Suzuki (strangely). And now finally we are going to book either amaze or nexon. i20 is ruled out.