roomy

Skoda Autolock

Get Autolock incorporated in your Skoda Octavia! As is used in Mercedes and other high end cars, doors will autolock when a speed of 20kph is reached and will unlock automatically when key is withdrawn from ignition lock. Contact 9821207296

Is it a standard feature or do you have to reprogram it. If the former is it documented or undocumented. If the latter then how do you ensure that you are not messing up something else.

We offer it free to any Skoda owner who services their car with us otherwise we charge for it. It has to be programmed via the obd2 socket. Btw Skoda  dealers charge for it.

Is it a standard feature or do you have to reprogram it. If the former is it documented or undocumented. If the latter then how do you ensure that you are not messing up something else.

It is documented in the workshop manual and when done properly there is no problem caused

We offer it free to any Skoda owner who services their car with us otherwise we charge for it.

Would you kindly clarify for us not in the know who exactly "WE" are?

Listen guys the thread is in the Auto Trader section, so surely his services are not free. And also Im pretty sure, it will be more expensive if you did the same thing from a Skoda dealer.

If you want to get it done, contact on the number given in the first post. But please do not go off topic in every thread. All posts will be deleted.

FRG

I do agree that Skoda should permit activation/deactivation once for free. After that they may charge for it. I am sure after reading this thread buyers will as for this to be activated as part of the deal.

I do agree that Skoda should permit activation/deactivation once for free. After that they may charge for it. I am sure after reading this thread buyers will as for this to be activated as part of the deal.

Skoda charges Rs 550+ taxes for this service

Dude.. are u located in mumbai? I'm tired of having my skoda serviced at the dealers but am forced to coz the service display in the odometer cant be reset by anyone else. Can u do that?

Btw about the autolock, its in-built in the car itself. For some reason skoda didnt activate it in the first few batches of cars they sold, now its standard in all models across the range.

Btw about the autolock' date=' its in-built in the car itself. For some reason skoda didnt activate it in the first few batches of cars they sold, now its standard in all models across the range.

[/quote']

I am not sure about the first few batches but we have a 2005 Octavia 2.0 and it does not auto lock itself. 2005 is three years after Skoda came into India.