VET5

Kia's first SUV for India to be called "Seltos"

It's official! The production version of the SP Concept will be named Seltos. In an official statement, Manohar Bhat, head - marketing and sales, Kia Motors India, confirmed the Kia Seltos “very closely” matches the SP Concept. Kia also revealed the Seltos will feature connected car technologies.

Btw, for those interested the name has its roots in Greek mythology - It’s named after Celtus, the son of Hercules, and the ‘S’ in the name stands for ‘speed, sportiness and strength’. 

You can find more info here: https://www.autocarindia.com/car-news/production-spec-kia-sp2i-suv-named-seltos-412969 

0_578_872_0_70_http___cdni.autocarindia.com_ExtraImages_20190603094620_Seltox.jpg

I just came across this teaser image of the upcoming Kia Seltos on Instagram. Appears that the Seltos has been teased in the international market.  

Here is the Instagram link - 

I have also opened up the image a little in order to see more details. Here is the opened up image. 

WhatsApp Image 2019-06-06 at 6.08.45 PM.jpeg

I have come across a set of interior images of Kia's upcoming Seltos SUV. These are among the first images of the interiors of the production spec Seltos SUV, that have surfaced online, thus far. Kia has also released some more teaser images for the SUV, that show off the nose, headlights and taillights. 

SOURCE

I have added both the interior images and teaser images below - 

WhatsApp Image 2019-06-10 at 2.43.33 PM (1).jpegWhatsApp Image 2019-06-10 at 2.43.33 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2019-06-10 at 2.43.32 PM (2).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2019-06-10 at 2.43.32 PM (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2019-06-10 at 2.43.32 PM.jpeg

Kia's officially revealed the Seltos! The SUV will get BS6-compliant petrol and diesel engines at launch, including a 1.4-litre, T-GDI turbo-petrol engine. The 1.5-litre petrol and diesel engines – branded ‘Smartstream’ – will get a 6-speed manual as standard, and automatic options will include a CVT for the petrol, a 6-speed torque converter for the diesel and a 7-speed DCT for the 1.4 turbo-petrol. It gets three drive modes (Normal, Eco and Sport) and even terrain modes (Wet, Mud and Sand), which one can choose from using a rotary knob positioned on the centre console.

You can head here for more info: https://www.autocarindia.com/car-news/kia-seltos-suv-unveiled-413177

Here are all the highlights from the reveal event:

Came across a rendering of a sportier looking Kia Seltos, which appears to sport a white and black dual tone scheme and Seltos lettering on the hood (which is very reminiscent of Land Rover's badging). What do you guys think of this sporty looking Kia Seltos?

In One of the two Seltos or Hector

There is a future return value set at 60% after a three year period.

Add to that Seltos BS6 compliant engine.

Which makes a better bet to buy now?

17 hours ago, librankur said:

In One of the two Seltos or Hector

There is a future return value set at 60% after a three year period.

Add to that Seltos BS6 compliant engine.

Which makes a better bet to buy now?

I think MG has made a great start in India covering all aspects - product pricing, features, long term warranty, service plans, assured buyback program etc. 

Real world picture will be known I guess only after an year or so - reliability, A.S.S etc

Since Selto's pricing is not yet known so it's difficult to pick one for now. But being subsidiary of Hyundai, I think it will have better overall quality.

From looks perspective I like Seltos more. Hector is a bit narrow and long, giving it a more MPV kind of stance (that's just my view as I saw one near Safdurjung Enclave, New Delhi)

Edited by sachins

On 28/06/2019 at 9:30 PM, librankur said:

Off topic :

No safety ratings on the Chinese product yet .

Non BS6 engine

People still queuing for the product.

What am I missing here

This shows that most of the people are ignorant of the fact that these rides don’t comply with BSVI and these companies are clearing their unsold inventories 

The Kia website's new 360 degree feature gives a look at the different colour options for the Seltos, along with a better look at the GT and Tech trims. Kia says the GT Line is more youth oriented with a focus on design and innovative features, while the Tech Line is more family oriented with a focus on comfort and technology.

Seltos GT Line

1.JPG2.JPG3.JPG4.JPG5.JPG6.JPG7.JPG8.JPG9.JPG10.JPG11.JPG12.JPG13.JPG14.JPG

Seltos Tech

1.JPG2.JPG3.JPG4.JPG5.JPG6.JPG9.JPG10.JPG11.JPG12.JPG13.JPG7.JPG8.JPG

EDIT: Came across these images showing the Seltos finished in black. Thought I'd add these here too

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

Source

Dealers in Delhi :

Screenshot_20190716-103912.png

Engine types available for online booking :

Screenshot_20190716-104403.png

Transmission available :

Not sure but Automatic is piping as an option on all three engine types:

Screenshot_20190716-104440.png

Booking Cancellation Rules:

Screenshot_20190716-103948.png

Pre Booking Amount :