unitedsl

FIAT LINEA OR SWIFT DZIRE?

I am planning to buy one sedan with the famous Fiat multijet disel engine. My choice is betwen Linea and Swift Dzire. Any idea which one will be better? Will Linea be priced near Dzire Vdi?

If the Linea is not coming soon then I will go for Swift Dzire. I will like to know when we can expect the Fiat Linea to be launched.

NOTE FROM ADMIN: Please don't use bold for the entire text, instead use it to highlight points in the text. Also please go through the announcements sections for the rules and regulations of the forum. Your query goes under AAA and not Reader Test Team.
FuelRunGod2008-04-04 05:55:18

Linea will be priced competitively but will be 1.5lakhs higher as it won't be in the segment but the build quality will be superb ,and many new features like rear AC vents etc can be seen in it .Linea will come by June-July wait for it and then decide .If you are getting good ofer on Dzire then go for it (intro price) .

Being much more heavy and bigger than Dizere will the Linea as fuel efficient as Swift Dz? Also I think performance will sufffer in Linea as 1.3L may be too small for big Linea. What experts think?

go for linea fiat is known for its good engines..and it can be easily serviced at any tata-fiat service centre...linea has much better looks compoared to swift dzire linea had a gr8 response in other markets...fiat has gr8 plans for india..it has made crores of invesment in a plant near pune..soo dont be scared to buy a fiat...i have used a palio for 5 years without any problems and the car was extremely gr8...

yesterday i saw 7 dzires on highway in punjab....3 of them were ldi , 1 vdi which were going in same direction others were going in opp. direction so couldnt make it out....to be very frank i still have to digest this hatch back to sedan conversion but since all were diesel i guess all must be indigo buyers switching to dzire as it falls in that range.

If you can wait for a while then the Linea is definitely worth it. Even if you can't wait, i wouldn't reccommend a Dzire..i just loathe it.... saw a black ZDi in M'lore.... smiley8.gif the car's a joke....really...

Its reality- want a Japanese car - buy it for its maintenance free to low maintenance bills, low fuel bills, reliability, easy liquidity (resale). Don't buy it if one needs something tough and solidly built, with somewhat less of fuel economy, not low on maintenance and the bearish resale values, not something to take pride in (no owner's pride). In the latter case go for European cars.

And lastly if one needs something totally contrary to all the above good traits one can go for an AMERICAN car.

The same thumb rules hold good for any Jap vs European car be it the Lexus, Infiniti, Maybach, Mercedes,BMW, Suzuki, Fiat, Ford (European built) and so on.

anjan_c20072008-04-08 14:54:55