RKNG

Toyota corolla-Japan

i own a 2004 model corolla. toyota might be known for reliability world over, but let me tell you mine in india has been pathetic to say the least. starting with the materials used , well toyota has totally skimped , the overall quality is poor, buttons & switches feel fidgety. front legroom is poor , suspension very noisy & uncomfortable, tube type tyres, rattles & squeaks are common ,

cd player conked of after 3 yrs. , power windows used to stop operating sometimes. the overall fit & finish is poor. cost cutting is evident everywhere. fuel economy - 8kmpl is less. engine noisy & boomy, in the begining it did not even have an abs , which means braking is a chore & the wheels lock up pretty easily sending you in i skid.    poor show toyota                                                                                                                                    

Is India getting the Step-Motherly treatment?

Hey that question has the same answer for any foreign brand. I'd be surprised if some company doesn't give us step motherly treatment (correct me if am wrong).

Sipani?!!

Never heard of it before smiley4.gif. Googled a bit now found that its an Indian company setup with the help from Reliant of UK. Sad that such company went bankrupt smiley19.gif.

well i own a corolla 2006 h2 model...my car is equipped wid abs,ebd and airbags and has tubeless tyres...d fuel efficiency is phenomenal for d engine of dis size...in city it averages 11 kmpl and on highway atleast 16-17 kmpl !! d engine has such performance dat will make d enthusiasts really proud off !!!! it does 0-100 kmph in 9.6 secs wi h is better dan a civic...but it has its demerits as well !!!!